DCA Predictions for 2015

Over the years, DCI has had corps from every country you mentioned and then some. This year they even had a corps from Columbia make the trip to Indy. A scan through corpsreps will show you just how "international" the activity is, and DCI is far and away the leader when it comes to partnering with foreign corps and associations.

And Carolina Crown is about to send a sizable contingent to Japan, i believe.

And Carolina Crown is about to send a sizable contingent to Japan, i believe.

...which is awesome. They are following in the footsteps of the Blue Devils, who have visited Europe, Japan, Venezuela, South Africa, and Taiwan with members of the corps, and several other countries for staff-led clinics. Their international travel has been so successful they have added a completely new 100-member ensemble specifically for this kind of travel..."Blue Devils International", and will make a trip to Europe in 2015. A bit of information on this venture can be found at the Blue Devils International page.

So yea, about DCA being more international...

Edited by Kamarag

Don't be so quick to make that claim. Over the years, DCI has had corps from every country you mentioned and then some. This year they even had a corps from Columbia make the trip to Indy. A trip through corpsreps will show you just how "international" the activity is, and DCI is far and away the leader when it comes to partnering with foreign corps and associations.

Could you remind us which German corps ever participated in DCI?

Hey, Blue Devils homer, don't forget The Madison Scouts were in Europe (Paris, France) under C.H. Beebe well before BD was founded, and perhaps once since before Gibbs set off to conquer the planet. The Glassmen also did some time in England.

Now back to DCA, our regularly scheduled program. :tounge2:

Edited by xandandl

Empire went to Europe,..............

They traveled to various places outside the USA through the years.

>>Empire went to Europe,..............<<

... and took a cruise each year in their early (and later) days, appearing both on-board and in the quaint little villages they stopped at, parading around and interacting with the locals ... one of the best, from what I've heard, is when Pepe was their "guest" soloist one cruise ... ah yes ... I can just hear him now getting the crowd revved up with When The Saints Go Marching In!

:-)

Guys, I was referring to *recent* international trips by US corps. What you did thirty years ago is nice, but is hardly applicable to today. It's great to see international corps coming over for DCI and DCA, and hopefully with the advent of SoundSport, this will happen with greater frequency.

On a tangent, I'd love to see DCA adopt the SoundSport format for mini-corps and other small ensembles...

Edited by Kamarag

No need to get in PIZZEN fight about This.

YES, Many , Many , Many, kids have come and marched from Non North American Countries in our American Corps. Both DCI and DCA.

Yes. DCI has had many at the DCI Championships with many Non North American Corps.

BUT, two Non North American Corps have made DCA (larger) Open Class FINALS. ("Inspires" from Japan and Kids Grove "Scouts" of Great Britain)

(OH. and bye the way a few years ago. The Reilly Raiders Alumni Corps went to Dublin, Ireland)

Edited by 2B or not 2B
  • Like 3

It's all good.

John's right... DCI has done quite a bit on the international scene... with various corps (or smaller ensembles within those corps) traveling overseas, and numerous corps coming from all over the world to compete at the DCI title shows.

But it's also been great in seeing corps like Inspires, Scouts, and Heartliner coming over to compete in DCA shows.

That "international flavor"... for both circuits... is a win-win for drum corps fans.

• Like 1