DCA Predictions for 2015

The I&E/mini-corps event has been free admission since 1997.

It might be tough to put that genie back into the bottle.

agreed. But as DCA is set up, DCA weekend is to make money for the member corps.........so, if extra funds are to be divvied out of the pot.....where do those funds come from?

• Like 1

The Long Island Sunrisers will soar back into DCA Finals!

• Like 1

Dreu I agree with you Sunrisers will come out strong in 2015 ,They put together a great team and there recuiting at all the Long Island Band shows was well received ,so there looking at a great open house on the 29,Nov.2014.

• 3 months later...

" The biggest problem is that DCA has still failed to embrace the mini corps as a part of weekend. For the record, 2015 will be the Ghost Riders 20th anniversary as a continuous mini corps entry!!!!"

The Rocketeers are new on the scene. This will be our 5th season. Second in mini corps. It is the mini corps like Ghost Riders and Star United that have inspired us to want to work harder and do more. It does baffle me that most of the organizations DCA, DCI, SDCA don't really consider any corps as a member or affiliate member of some kind if they are not on their competition schedule for the year. Look how many different groups come to that are not on the field but are competing in I&E or mini corps. If the organizations were to offer some basic affiliate membership and list those corps on their websites that would help the activity as a whole. It may seem trivial but if you look at DCA for instance you see no member corps in Alabama. The Rocketeers are from Alabama but because we are not Open Class or Class A we basically don't exist. There is another new all-age corps forming in Birmingham. It would be helpful to them to be able to formally associate themselves as a DCA corps.

agreed. But as DCA is set up, DCA weekend is to make money for the member corps.........so, if extra funds are to be divvied out of the pot.....where do those funds come from?

You mean they can't just print money like the Federal Reserve??? :tongue:

no TARP for drum corps last I looked.

... You mean they can't just print money like the Federal Reserve??? :tongue:

They never found green ink for Mickey's old mimeograph machine ...

:dry:

Sounds like someone's cranky about "announcer's fees" huh?

no TARPs are illegal in both DCA and DCI :tounge2:

I guess the fiasco in 99 for Cadets was an issue eh?