DCA Predictions for 2015

Here are my not-very-drum corps predictions

1) The whole of Kidsgrove will be found in Dinosaur BBQ, Rochester after being deprived since 2010!

2) The bar on the plane will run dry...again as per 2010 and 2012.

3) People will question our un-British tans especially the white feet when we arrive back across this side of the pond.

I think I can speak for us all when I say that we are more looking forward to performing to you all, I've loved both times we've already been over and can't wait to do it again!

What an absolute gift DCA has to have groups like Kidsgrove going to all the trouble and expense to participate. I see that as an honor to those of us here full time.

Now, Scatfish . . . . . tell us more of what to expect.

Is this edition as strong as what we saw here before?

Will you bring a sizeable corps meaning about 80-90 members?

What's the music include?

Electronics play a part?

Most importantly, was fundraising a problem and how did the exchange rate work out as the years went by?

All the best, and thanks!

What an absolute gift DCA has to have groups like Kidsgrove going to all the trouble and expense to participate. I see that as an honor to those of us here full time.

Now, Scatfish . . . . . tell us more of what to expect.

Is this edition as strong as what we saw here before?

Will you bring a sizeable corps meaning about 80-90 members?

Electronics play a part?

Most importantly, was fundraising a problem and how did the exchange rate work out as the years went by?

All the best, and thanks!

It is our absolute pleasure to be crossing the pond to join you all, the members are working very hard to get the show in tip top shape. Very good questions which I'm happy to answer:

Is this edition as strong as what we saw here before? I am of course biased to whatever the corps does but I do strongly believe this is the strongest corps I've ever seen us march. As well as this the design of the show is incredibly detailed and the visual and music work together beautifully. This is also my first year on the visual instructional team so I've been able to see the progress out front. The members have took this show onboard like it was their own child!

Will you bring a sizeable corps meaning about 80-90 members? Biggest corps in our 105 year history. We are marching around 120 I believe.

The show is entitled The Stone Circle. Various music sources including 'Witch Hunt' by The Enid, Samuel Barber's Medeas Dance of Vengeance and other titles.

Electronics play a part?

We are using electronics very tastefully, they do not play a major role in the show but are used in appropriate times. I don't knownwhat the arrangement is for them when we hit the States due to equipment etc.

As for fundraising and exchange rates - The team who are organising the tour have done a fantastic job to make sure it is affordable for everyone and their families. It is the biggest touring party we have ever had so the costs are high however the cost per person has pretty much stayed similar to what it was in 2012, which the members are more than pleased about. The exchange rate has been staying around the same area for awhile now, I've seen it a lot better but I've also seen it a lot worse.

Also, if you want to see the show there's a certain video sharing website that it can be found on without telling you what it is

• Like 6

Everything said above I can agree with... comparing 2010/12 to this year? I'm only using videos but it's considerably stronger... at 64 it's their largest horn line playing a ridiculously difficult but amazing book - and believe me, they do play well - Color Guard is in the 30's somewhere size wise and simply fantastic... front percussion is quite good while the battery will hold their own with most... They indeed, will be very close if not at the maximum allowed size of 128.

Equipment - including electronics - is being provided by a major DCI corps and will all be top shelf...

I'm excited - hope everyone else is too

One other interesting fact... if you saw the pics I posted on facebook... this is no junior corps coming as an all aged corps... I predict they will have the highest average age in competition and probably the most experience to go with it. As they say - BRILLIANT!!!

• Like 2

Everything said above I can agree with... comparing 2010/12 to this year? I'm only using videos but it's considerably stronger... at 64 it's their largest horn line playing a ridiculously difficult but amazing book - and believe me, they do play well - Color Guard is in the 30's somewhere size wise and simply fantastic... front percussion is quite good while the battery will hold their own with most... They indeed, will be very close if not at the maximum allowed size of 128.

Equipment - including electronics - is being provided by a major DCI corps and will all be top shelf...

I'm excited - hope everyone else is too

One other interesting fact... if you saw the pics I posted on facebook... this is no junior corps coming as an all aged corps... I predict they will have the highest average age in competition and probably the most experience to go with it. As they say - BRILLIANT!!!

Cheers Tom, looking forward to seeing you in August!

WONDERFUL NEWS!

Boy, I'll have to work harder on my Open Class WIN/PLACE/SHOW Tip Sheet. My contender's list is now up to 7 corps!

Edited by Fred Windish

Tom, unfortunately I will have to correct you on the brass number. Unfortunately we will only have 57. However Big W will be pleased as we have a very sizeable bass line at 13 Baritones, 6 Euphonium's and 10 Tuba's. But you are indeed thoroughly correct about the difficulty of the Brass Book. Whilst the average age will be high as well as experience alot of the youth has come from the original junior(Cadet) Corps. These kids are immense and certainly push the experienced members to up their game every rehearsal. I'm just so glad that these kids now have the same opportunity that we were afforded in 2010 and 12. But believe me they are not coming along to just add numbers :-)

• Like 1

Better keep BigW happy with lower brass numbers. :tounge2:

Will be watching at home but this is something we'll be waiting for. Too bad won't be able to talk to any members like in the past.

Tom, unfortunately I will have to correct you on the brass number. Unfortunately we will only have 57.

Wow... that's a problem a lot of corps would love to have!!! LOL

Can't wait to see you guys. Safe travels to the USA!!!

Wow... that's a problem a lot of corps would love to have!!! LOL

Can't wait to see you guys. Safe travels to the USA!!!

We're very grateful to be in this position. In Europe it's uncommon to get over 25 horns.

Previous DCA Years - 2010: 45 2012: 50 and 2015: 57 with me being the 57th by the looks of things!

• Like 2

Scatfish... go for it... expect to see you out there...

• Like 2