DCA Predictions for 2015

The main reason is this site is now irrelevant. The sum total of all the people participating in the conversations in the DCA threads amount to maybe a dozen people, all talking amongst themselves.

It no longer reflects the fan base of the DCA activity. (If it does, DCA is in seriously dire straits.)

Point by point:

Irrelevant? This is the only site I know of where I can find candid comments on performances. You will not get that on Facebook or websites of individual corps... those are there to present their corps in a positive light.

To evaluate relevance, it is not the number of posters, but the number of readers that provides the better measure.

I will agree that since most fans do not post, there is always the possibility that DCP posts/posters do not perfectly reflect the overall fan base. But the individual corps sites most obviously do not even pretend to reflect the general fan base.

• Like 1

Yea, 95+% of what's on Facebook is either DCA or corps PR, or members posting stuff from their corps (both are legitimate content). There's next to no real discussion of shows or corps.

yup. is DCP as active as it was? no. especially in the winter because no one posts anything. you put out stuff about your corps hypoing it up, and people jumped in to trash etc.

and DCA has maybe 1/4 the following DCI does, so you should expect less traffic

• Like 1

You want a prediction from me? I'll give everyone one.

If the judging rubrics/system remains the same from last season, and the judges haven't been told to be more strict as to entry numbers for boxes, the top 8 Open scores will be over a Nine-Oh at Prelims. It may be possible that to even make finals you will need a Nine-Oh.

If you're an Open corps that believes yourself to be a bubble corps and wants in, you're pushing this season to meet Nine-Oh criteria to try and ensure you're not watching Finals from the stands.

Corollary to this prediction:

People that don't get off their lazy cans and get there early to Prelims will miss some very good shows and performances that will not make finals and they'll be disappointed they didn't get there to see them. Put this in the bank.

Edited by BigW
  • Like 1

You want a prediction from me? I'll give everyone one.

If the judging rubrics/system remains the same from last season, and the judges haven't been told to be more strict as to entry numbers for boxes, the top 8 Open scores will be over a Nine-Oh at Prelims. It may be possible that to even make finals you will need a Nine-Oh.

If you're an Open corps that believes yourself to be a bubble corps and wants in, you're pushing this season to meet Nine-Oh criteria to try and ensure you're not watching Finals from the stands.

Corollary to this prediction:

People that don't get off their lazy cans and get there early to Prelims will miss some very good shows and performances that will not make finals and they'll be disappointed they didn't get there to see them. Put this in the bank.

Yesterday in a different thread I hinted at some predictions (too subtly, since apparently no one noticed), and that is exactly the sense I got: any of the three Open corps I put out of Finals could certainly be in.

• Like 1

Yesterday in a different thread I hinted at some predictions (too subtly, since apparently no one noticed), and that is exactly the sense I got: any of the three Open corps I put out of Finals could certainly be in.

You should post your prediction in this thread.

You should post your prediction in this thread.

Yeah, let's get this conversation going again. I've already made some adjustments to what I only just posted last week, but no matter, since as with most of these predictions, it's pretty much a bunch of wild shots in the dark.

Open Class

1. Caballeros

2. Buccaneers

3. Fusion Core

4. Cadets2

5. Minnesota Brass

6. Kidsgrove Scouts

7. Hurricanes

8. Atlanta CV

9. White Sabers

10. Sunrisers

- - - - - - - - -

11. Bushwackers

12. Skyliners

13. Carolina Gold

Class A

1. Alliance

2. Governaires

3. Kilties

4. Cincinnati Tradition

- - - - - - - - - -

5. Chops Inc.

6. Erie Thunderbirds

7. Excelsior

Admittedly some of this is just me being contrary. I look forward to told why I'm wrong, and then to events actually proving me wrong. (But more than either, to a superb set of performances in 2015, and then the return of Windsor to DCA in 2016. Plus at least one new or revived corps. With continued steady growth after that, until there are at least 20 Open Class corps and 12 Class A corps.)

Having seen nothing more than a few practice pictures from some of the corps and having very little discussion over the off season Placement and score predictions are going to be very difficult. However I am quite sure you are undercutting CV and Carolina Gold pretty sure both will be top 7 Hurricanes will probably be in a fight to make top ten. Kidsgrove and White Sabers are true wild cards. Bush seems to be fuller early on than in the past few years I guess on Sat we will see how scores start shaking out.

That's the spirit. Though surely those predictions are no more shocking than MBI in fifth, right?

But what's the word about Carolina Gold vs. Hurricanes that suggests to you that they're going to swap places from last year, when Hurcs were eighth and Gold ninth?

• Like 1

It will be an interesting year for Hurricanes this year since it seems they have been lower in placement the past couple of years. Carolina Gold has been around that place for the past couple of year, as well. I do not see Gold being last in Open and definitely see them in the hunt for finals. White Sabers will most likely be good and I would be shocked if Kidsgrove is lower than 7th. I could see CV in 8th for those reasons (not because they are weaker, but because of the additional variables), but I could also see them 7th or 6th. It will depend on whether or not they have gotten stronger. We will definitely see in a couple of weeks because the three southern groups will be competing in June this year!

My picks (hunches). I would love to see how close I am this year:

1. Bucs

2. Cabs

3. MBI

4. Fusion

5. Cadets (would like to see them higher)

6. Kidsgrove

7. Bushwackers (potential dark horse? momentum?)

8. CV

9. White Sabers

10. Carolina Gold

-----------------------

11. Hurricanes

12. Sunrisers

13. Skyliners

Class A

1. Alliance

2. Govenaires

3. Cincinnati Tradition

4. Kilties/Chops (not sure here. Kilties will probably be larger, but Chops are good competition)