2015 Programs and Playlist:

Are you sure on the last one? Because their video uses the last 45 or so seconds of "No. 1, VII. Cinderella's Waltz", before transitioning into about 30 seconds from the end of "No. 1, I. Introduction"

Duly note. Wrong waltz.

Everyone always uses Wild Nights from Harmonium. Having never heard the rest of it, are there other pieces from it that are as popular?

Mike

Most of the rest of harmonium is more ethereal and less driving. Wild Nights seems to work best for the field.

http://youtu.be/VamFzv523u0

Here's a link to the full piece. Definitely worth the half hour listen.

Edited by SpenceriEuph
  • Like 1

Vanguard 2015 will be entitled "The Spark of Invention"

With Virus Attack by Amin Bhatia

And an original composition based off of Invention no 13 in a minor by Bach.

They announced this and played a bit of the show at the birthday dinner. Sounds nice.

Edited by bonelife
  • Like 2

Vanguard 2015 will be entitled "The Spark of Invention"

With Virus Attack by Amin Bhatia

And an original composition based off of Invention no 13 in a minor by Bach.

They announced this and played a bit of the show at the birthday dinner. Sounds nice.

OP and Spotify updated. Virus Attack not on Spotify.

*whispers ... The entire birthday dinner video is still online ----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbi5wMze_Y0

Live music from around 3:35:25 to 4:05:55

1. To be more specific, SCVC starts around 3:35:25 and SCV starts around 3:54:45.

2. This corps sounds amazing and I really hope that last piece they played was their ballad. That was gorgeous.

I really hope that last piece they played was their ballad. That was gorgeous.

Wasn't the last piece (starting at 4:03:25) just their corps song, Send in the Clowns? They started with Fiddler on the Roof, then played 30 seconds of something I didn't recognize (sounded like a film score piece, so I assume it's the Bhatia piece), then 30 seconds of what I believe is their take on the Bach piece - then Send in the Clowns.

Edited by Eleran

Wasn't the last piece (starting at 4:03:25) just their corps song, Send in the Clowns? They started with Fiddler on the Roof, then played 30 seconds of something I didn't recognize (sounded like a film score piece, so I assume it's the Bhatia piece), then 30 seconds of what I believe is their take on the Bach piece - then Send in the Clowns.

You're probably right. I'm not very familiar with SCV

• Like 1

The last piece was the new version of Send in the Clowns. They introduced a new version last year that utilizes some elements of the Kenton edition. J.D. putting his stamp on the corps song. Not exactly a universally loved change, but it is what it is. Cool to have a soloist featured.

Oregon Crusaders Announce: The Midnight Garden

Selections:

Cinderella Suite by Prokofiev

Cantus by Thomas Doss

Harmonium: Wild Nights by John Adams

From their website.

Looking forward to hearing what Wild Nights will sound like now with the addition of electronics and amplification.