Late season changes

The two that come to mind: Garfield Cadets 1986 & 1988. Saw them both in Ohio in August; in Madison/KC, the endings were DRASTICALLY changed (drillwise anyway). '86 went from a snaky-thingy to a giant rotating block (recalling the end of "Waterfront"). '88 went from I-don't-remember to the signature G (as they were changing their name). Not easy stuff to do period---let alone at the end of the year.

How long does it take to make the change? In '86's example, they marched one ending at the US Open. Semis were 6 days later (no Thursday back then) with the new ending.

Ditto 1985. I know that M. Klesch couldn't really find the right ending---he had to write it before the drill could be written. Anybody know when THAT change happened?

(1987 was sick. They basically redid most of the show during the season and still won.) :babies:

• Like 1

I've spent a lot of time this week watching various clips of the end of Crown's 2011 Rachstar show. The ending they put n for finals is one of the most energetic and "Rockin'" endings I've ever seen. Some similar elements from earlier in the year (check out the ending from the WCU run-thru), but MUCH different feel to it. Plus, you gotta love the smashing guitar.

• Like 1