Cadets 2015

amadeus8.jpg

"There are in fact only so many notes the ear can hear in the course of an evening.

It's quality work. And there are simply too many notes, that's all. Just cut a few and it will be perfect!"

It's a good thing Emperor Joseph II isn't judging DCI this summer... :tounge2:

That's ok - he got to judge Crown last season. ;)

Is that unusual that they are almost finished with the music by 2/1? That's lots of notes to learn. Kids must be amazing.

Not sure what I think of the new movements. The opener and ballad sound great but - and maybe this has to do with the fact that it was recorded in a gym - the new movement they've put up sounds very uncohesive/not musical. It just sounds like a bunch of frenetic notes being repeated in different patterns.

Not sure what I think of the new movements. The opener and ballad sound great but - and maybe this has to do with the fact that it was recorded in a gym - the new movement they've put up sounds very uncohesive/not musical. It just sounds like a bunch of frenetic notes being repeated in different patterns.

To be honest, I was thinking the same thing. For me though, I think the two reasons is the fact it was recorded in a gym, and also that GH did state that he was giving the drumline more of a feature part of the show.

Drum Geeks: the _kid and I counted 4 splits in the snare line, and at least one was a double-handed split left to right. Oh my. Oh, oh my.

That drum line is the hottest (barely) Feb line I've seen a long, long time. That book is the most difficult thing I've heard, well, ever. Focus on the snares, which are just BLAZING! and you miss the basses (thanks to the gym) but you can hear them and the tenors battling in the background. Unbelievable, astounding writing.

A bit a go I was looking for the link to the orchestral version and I ran across Dudamel playing it at, what seemed, an un-Holy 180Bpm. The comment was that Hop had pretty much said they were doing it up to that speed and, by God, that Dr. Beat in banging at 176! AND IT'S FEBRUARY.

• Like 2

To be honest, I was thinking the same thing. For me though, I think the two reasons is the fact it was recorded in a gym, and also that GH did state that he was giving the drumline more of a feature part of the show.

Hm I mean, if a drum feature is what he wants, then that's fine but there's no need to attempt to make the hornline sound like a drumline (in the most figurative of ways)

Hm I mean, if a drum feature is what he wants, then that's fine but there's no need to attempt to make the hornline sound like a drumline (in the most figurative of ways)

Good point. But if you think about the rest of the show, the hornline is playing a relatively big amount of notes throughout.

Drum Geeks: the _kid and I counted 4 splits in the snare line, and at least one was a double-handed split left to right. Oh my. Oh, oh my.

That drum line is the hottest (barely) Feb line I've seen a long, long time. That book is the most difficult thing I've heard, well, ever. Focus on the snares, which are just BLAZING! and you miss the basses (thanks to the gym) but you can hear them and the tenors battling in the background. Unbelievable, astounding writing.

A bit a go I was looking for the link to the orchestral version and I ran across Dudamel playing it at, what seemed, an un-Holy 180Bpm. The comment was that Hop had pretty much said they were doing it up to that speed and, by God, that Dr. Beat in banging at 176! AND IT'S FEBRUARY.

I wish I knew what this means. :rock: