Cadets 2015

Hmm, I actually had to watch the show again to catch most of those things. I've always wanted to see a high cam shot of the show because with the multi cam, there is a ton of stuff that you NEVER see or have NEVER seen unless you saw the show live :-( Especially the beginning up to the first impact. My friends that marched in that show have all said that it was the hardest drill imaginable.

I noticed it all because I saw many performances (courtesy of that guy "superfan") where we nailed that show. I think I was overly critical of the show because I had a few biases against it during some points of the season. I just wasn't seeing exactly what the crowd was seeing. But to this day, even though we had some flaws at finals, I still watch that show over and over and over again in one sitting. The crowd is the biggest aspect of that show I will remember for the rest of my life.

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 2

Yup! We (those in the audience) had a grand time with that show. Lots of babies flying that weekend...

:babies:

Edited by wallace
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

What's that banner in your signature? It looks cool!

Thanks! The banner is an artist's rendering of Dante's Inferno. The Latin words at the bottom in English read "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here." It relates to Crown's 2015 program.

Thanks! The banner is an artist's rendering of Dante's Inferno. The Latin words at the bottom in English read "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here." It relates to Crown's 2015 progr

There are several ways that can be understood...

Summary of the 2015 program given by George Hopkins. This link will no longer work after 11:59 tonight.

35 minute talk, so here is a summary of the summary: Cloud tape was still up at 11 am but reception not fine. So far...

Emphasis on math rather than retelling the vita and circumstances of Shosty,.

Some slight uniform adjustments may appear LATER in the season.

Props are there but small, about 3-4 feet high.

Emphasis on showcasing each section of the corps (a la 2000????)

Prelude sets theme musically and visually.

Second movement (very extended) is bulk of opener (3 minutes plus.)

Percussion feature ("Hey, its drum corps!)

Ballad is not Shostakovitch but from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AgxaaiJeIQ and Israeli dance troupe. Some little bit of voice will be a variation of counting. Guard featured with four groups of 10 (dance, etc.)

Third number has heavy percussion feature, even a waltz going then up to 224bpm(!) with brass with 15 French horn feature included.

Fourth movement, Shosty, is typical Cadets, emphasis on visual and drill, counterlines, low brass/mellophones, includes all previous melodies of show. Mellophone ecstasy!.

Closer will be fast!!! (Major request from membership and from Cadetnation.)

Reprise.

George says that if one emails him nicely at Yea, he will send links and midis. (hopkins@yea.org)

He also says he is still open to suggestions, advice, and clarifications...try next week's webinar for more.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

35 minute talk, so here is a summary of the summary: Cloud tape was still up at 11 am but reception not fine. So far...

Emphasis on math rather than retelling the vita and circumstances of Shosty,.

Some slight uniform adjustments may appear LATER in the season.

Props are there but small, about 3-4 feet high.

Emphasis on showcasing each section of the corps (a la 2000????)

Prelude sets theme musically and visually.

Second movement (very extended) is bulk of opener (3 minutes plus.)

Percussion feature ("Hey, its drum corps!)

Ballad is not Shostakovitch but from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AgxaaiJeIQ and Israeli dance troupe. Some little bit of voice will be a variation of counting. Guard featured with four groups of 10 (dance, etc.)

Third number has heavy percussion feature, even a waltz going then up to 224bpm(!) with brass with 15 French horn feature included.

Fourth movement, Shosty, is typical Cadets, emphasis on visual and drill, counterlines, low brass/mellophones, includes all previous melodies of show. Mellophone ecstasy!.

Closer will be fast!!! (Major request from membership and from Cadetnation.)

Reprise.

George says that if one emails him nicely at Yea, he will send links and midis. (hopkins@yea.org)

He also says he is still open to suggestions, advice, and clarifications...try next week's webinar for more.

Emphasizing individual sections? So similar to 2007?

I like the emphasis on french horns/mellos. Cadets have the best mello lines in my opinion.

• Like 1