Cadets 2015

People........calm down.

Is the Cadets show amazing this year? Yes.

Are there 3 other fantastic shows? Yes.

Uniform color is a neat change to me.

Is the guard hurting them. Yes.

Do I love them HELL YES!

I said it the other opinion thread on Cadets but should be said here too I think.

!st Looking at the pic of the drum line. It brings new meaning to bad xxx, for sure and to me still screams Cadets.

Next.

The uniform is iconic, tradition ( theirs not the worlds ) and the cadet makes the uniform not the other way around. Not everyone could just suit up and BAM youre a Cadet. It takes way more than that. It goes far beyond fabric.

FHNSAB....no matter the uniform for a season.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

So to take a break from the scoring/uniform fiasco.

HOW ABOUT DEM DRUMS?!

Seriously though, I feel like the drumline has gotten lost in discussion this year, despite being one of the front runners. They're REALLY solid, and the front ensemble is absolutely ridiculous as well. I could see them going for another Sanford this year, definitely one of my picks.

• Like 3

So to take a break from the scoring/uniform fiasco.

HOW ABOUT DEM DRUMS?!

Seriously though, I feel like the drumline has gotten lost in discussion this year, despite being one of the front runners. They're REALLY solid, and the front ensemble is absolutely ridiculous as well. I could see them going for another Sanford this year, definitely one of my picks.

Hell, how bout the HORNS?!?!?!?! They took that caption the last show. I feel like those two captions are the strongest and I'll definitely be listening to them for the rest of time.

• Like 2

I have a question for people who play a brass instrument: why do BD, Crown and Bloo seem to have more volume throughout their shows than the Cadets? At Allentown, the Cadets seemed less powerful overall than Crown and Bloo. They had places in the show that were very powerful but they didn't produce the volume that the others did as consistently. They had nice balance between the sections but I feel that hinders their GE. Any insight on this?

A part of caliswift's soul just died. A moment of silence please.....

I have a question for people who play a brass instrument: why do BD, Crown and Bloo seem to have more volume throughout their shows than the Cadets? At Allentown, the Cadets seemed less powerful overall than Crown and Bloo. They had places in the show that were very powerful but they didn't produce the volume that the others did as consistently. They had nice balance between the sections but I feel that hinders their GE. Any insight on this?

Probably different teaching styles, or probably the way the dynamics are written within the music, or maybe Bluecoats and Crown are just genuinely louder than Cadets.

Edited by 2000Cadet