Cadets 2015

Congratulations, Cadets!!! Best brass, and I think the best percussion. Hardest show overall, and you performed the heck out of it. I LOVE the music and that will be played much this off-season. Can't wait to see what's in store for next season. Also congrats to Jeff Sacktig for his HOF induction. Much deserved. He is the best drill writer in the business. PERIOD!

• Like 3

Thanks for an awesome show that finally shut down the complaining about voice and gave us a straightforward cadets show. I don't care that it didn't win. I'll be wearing the DVD out on this one. Congrats!

• Like 1

Thanks for an awesome show that finally shut down the complaining about voice and gave us a straightforward cadets show. I don't care that it didn't win. I'll be wearing the DVD out on this one. Congrats!

Agreed. There was no fluff this year.

Congrats and thanks to the Cadets for bringing to the field a show that reminded me of why I fell in love with them in 1987 and beyond. Music in constant motion all at unreal performance levels. It was a joy to watch all season and I am very happy that they ended the season with a great run. I couldn't care less about placements. I just want to enjoy all that they brought us this season. This is one that will be listened to and watched in the future for sure. Thank you Cadets!

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the Cadets throwing down their cleanest run last night when the pressure was on. BD was, of course, fabulous with no weaknesses that I could discern, and both Crown and Coats were monster performers. Hopefully, DCI will offer DVDs and Blu-Rays from Finals (and with no audio or video blocking due to licensing issues) so that we can enjoy this season...one of the best ever....as the snow flies.

Personally, I hope we get to hear some judging tapes (Prosperie for starters) to gain insight into what he reacted to as he danced around for his life.

• Like 2

Congrats to the MMs for being, to my ears, the best hornline, drumline, and marchers in DCI this year. No one was close.

The drumline deserved the Sanford, but that trophy doesn't take into account the physical demands of the drill placed upon the line. BD's percussion didn't have half of the drill demand as was placed on Cadets' line. Sorry, BD, but that's the objective truth if you watch the video.

The quality of the performers of Cadets 2015 will go down as one of the very best, even better than a few years that did win gold, in my opinion. They really did outperform the show design by a good measure.

Any "disappointment", as Hop said, should be laid at the feet of the design team.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed the Cadets throwing down their cleanest run last night when the pressure was on. BD was, of course, fabulous with no weaknesses that I could discern, and both Crown and Coats were monster performers. Hopefully, DCI will offer DVDs and Blu-Rays from Finals (and with no audio or video blocking due to licensing issues) so that we can enjoy this season...one of the best ever....as the snow flies.

Personally, I hope we get to hear some judging tapes (Prosperie for starters) to gain insight into what he reacted to as he danced around for his life.

I think he reacted (correctly) to two things:

1. The cleanest Crown battery of all three nights

2. A BD battery that was the crispest I've hear all year, even from Cadets, THE monster line of the season. (I watched Brandon most and he was having a ball. Could easily tell that he knew they were throwing down their best performance of the season. [Or maybe I'm just enamored, IDK])

And he was sure dodging, all night! And yet, he was emoting with his hands and commenting on his tape even as he dodged the attack-guards and tubas.

It was fun to watch! A true expert at the craft!

• Like 2

Congrats to the MMs for being, to my ears, the best hornline, drumline, and marchers in DCI this year. No one was close.

The drumline deserved the Sanford, but that trophy doesn't take into account the physical demands of the drill placed upon the line. BD's percussion didn't have half of the drill demand as was placed on Cadets' line. Sorry, BD, but that's the objective truth if you watch the video.

The quality of the performers of Cadets 2015 will go down as one of the very best, even better than a few years that did win gold, in my opinion. They really did outperform the show design by a good measure.

Any "disappointment", as Hop said, should be laid at the feet of the design team.

There is no doubt that Cadets drumline ran an amazing show! Crab step from 20 to 20 at 180 playing oom-budda-GAK-go, oom-budda-GAK-go, oom-budda-GAK-go, oom-budda-GAK-go with a power so strong that I can still hear those shots driven into my brain now nearly a day later.

BD was loose, smooth, nuanced. Cadets was driving a 16-penny nail into my head with two hammers playing diddled-32nds. I was stunned by the Cadets performance from the first show. BD was chocolate cake. Cadets were two-day old roast beef beaten with a wooden mallet.

I was shocked by the quality of both and, as much as I loved watching BD's laid-back calm, I was mesmerized by the boys in black, easily the most difficult drill-adjusted demand of the two.

And don't get me started on SCV's drumline... I think Johnny Walker scotch - Red. Smooth as silk with just a little after-bite to remind you of its intent. Very drinkable.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 2