Cadets 2015

So just back from the show. Cadets did not look comfortable on that slick turf. Add to it new shoes and they looked darn right shaky in spots. Some big dirt in drill during direction changes, and heard some of the ruffled feet in the horns too. Guard didn't have a good run. Spots looked great but they had several very rough moments. Drums on the other hand looked very comfortable and sounded it. Anyway, that's my take. They were very solid but visually and brass isn't wasn't their best run. I was more nervous watching them than enjoying it in spots.

• Like 2

No contrast or "pop" from the corps unis. Looks like a Texas BOA band from the 2000s. The old color scheme was so warm and beautiful! And white pants as so many have said are more unique and accentuate the movement so well. Also, Garish colors on a 5th place guard.

Would you be real for a second. You've never had a nice thing to say about the cadets any other time, why should a color change matter. Lol.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 3

how can you talk about BS scores when we have a whole corps missing? seriously, there was a maroon corps 2 hours south that got on the buses, and this... THIS is what stepped off onto the field today?

Somewhere, milk cartons are being printed in maroon right now.

Oh good one. Hahaha.

Not really.

• Like 1

Just a matter of opinion.

I like the black scheme.

But does that mean I want it to replace the maroon, cream, and gold? Nah, it's just nice to shake it up every so often.

• Like 2

Would you be real for a second. You've never had a nice thing to say about the cadets any other time, why should a color change matter. Lol.

Oh come on. This is a playground compared to that disgusting Phantom thread.

Anyways, I personally think the Cadets look BAD*SS. I kept saying throughout the season that Cadets in black would be a dream come true and BOOM Hopkins delivers. That pic of the drum majors with the guard member looks phenomenal.

I watched a Periscope of the show (very awful quality) and could tell the corps wasn't fully in it tonight. I hope they have a great run in front of the home crowd this weekend! Good luck!

• Like 2

I for one love the new look. Am kind of concerned with them not popping out. Especially in the ballad. I'm sure that cumberbund is going to change though right?! It seems obvious.

• Like 2

Maybe I just need to see it a few times. Being a homer, I'm obviously more connected to the uniform than I thought.