Cadets 2015

Most probably are aware that the East Coast "blizzard" and "bombogenesis" has grounded Mr. Hopkins and deferred Mr. MacNutt from meeting today with composer Jay Bocook to work out the middle of the 2015 Shosty show. Instead, since DCI has yet to allow jet-paks, they will be skype-ing, phoning, and swapping midis.

My question to Cadet nation is: is this hurdle for the better, about the same, or limiting the creativity possibilities as the design team dances with Lady MacBeth?

Does long distance designing change the product?

Interesting. I just assumed that most of the design process these days happened remotely in this fashion already, bad weather or not - no?

Perhaps for other design teams whose geographies are more dispersed.

Hopkins has always preferred face to face meetings with Bocook at his studio who is based at Furman, MacNutt at UMass, Amherst....same place as Hannum with Mike Klesch literally down the block in South Hadley and now Aungst a few exits away at North Dartmouth. (They are now Crownies.)

Of course, the East Coast fits in more states per square mile than the rest of the country, ha, ha.

Others?

Edited by xandandl

No effect. They'll communicate via Skype or other means to develop the show. I'm sure it will be great. They are always great.

Shosty 10th, 2nd mvmnt is crammed FULL of piccolo, oboe, and string soli.

I wonder if Bocook said "George, I just can't arrange that piece without them!"

Shosty was all about "the struggle" in his music; I imagine Bocook, as a true artist, likely looked at arranging his music for the field as "the struggle".

I think they both would say "From the struggle is where greatness comes."

The irony is delicious, is it not?

Most probably are aware that the East Coast "blizzard" and "bombogenesis" has grounded Mr. Hopkins and deferred Mr. MacNutt from meeting today with composer Jay Bocook to work out the middle of the 2015 Shosty show. Instead, since DCI has yet to allow jet-paks, they will be skype-ing, phoning, and swapping midis.

My question to Cadet nation is: is this hurdle for the better, about the same, or limiting the creativity possibilities as the design team dances with Lady MacBeth?

Does long distance designing change the product?

If the country has a meltdown due to congress working from home, then I will freak due to Cadets' staff conducting meetings via skype.

Edited by 2000Cadet

2nd camp of the month this weekend: percussion and brass.

Hoping we will hear (about) the middle production.

Safe travels to all. No snow in camp area until departure. Then again, there was this challenge from The Spartans...

Edited by xandandl