Cadets 2015

Ok so I just watched the drumlins (carefully this time) again and saw exactly what you were talking about. So I counted 4 times they did that. Pretty cool. I don't know how they count so fast.

Actually, they memorize the charts and refine the technique details, individually and as a line, so that it becomes muscle memory. I am an excellent sight reader of percussion charts, but my son and most of these kids can read highly complex drum corps charts and employ endless repetition along with passion for the activity. The 2014 battery had multiple split sequences....check out the Burlesque section in mid show for examples. I dig the potential of the 2015 crew.

Edited by brichtimp

Ok so I just watched the drumlins (carefully this time) again and saw exactly what you were talking about. So I counted 4 times they did that. Pretty cool. I don't know how they count so fast.

It definitely becomes a feel thing. You know the hand speed, you know the timing of it and you know how the rhythm lays with your feet (or the quarter note in your head if you're not moving). Its pretty common in bass lines, but then again, you're not implying 4 guys on each part and having to clean it.

http://yea.org/programs/cadets/cadets/news/662-happy-birthday-to-former-director-doc-cinzio

This guy never gets the credit he deserves for saving the Cadets from extinction several times while summoning the help that revived their later success. While others later take much of the credit in their own re-telling of the history, Doc's actions saved the corps several times from much earlier extinction. Without his self-sacrificing, there would be no 2015 or other seasons.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ad multon annos. Skol!!! Buon compleano, tanti auguri, cento di questi giorni!!!

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 3

^^^agreed. Fronted personal money when needed, all his kids marched in Cadets and they each married Cadets. Good stock.

http://yea.org/programs/cadets/cadets/news/662-happy-birthday-to-former-director-doc-cinzio

This guy never gets the credit he deserves for saving the Cadets from extinction several times while summoning the help that revived their later success. While others later take much of the credit in their own re-telling of the history, Doc's actions saved the corps several times from much earlier extinction. Without his self-sacrificing, there would be no 2015 or other seasons.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ad multon annos. Skol!!! Buon compleano, tanti auguri, cento di questi giorni!!!

Cento Ani!

Agree. A great man...and a great Cadet family.

The Cadets (who are now advertising to fill one open baritone slot) won't have another camp until mid-March (percussion only) and then April. In the meantime, horn players have several homework assignments which may be of interest. Regular tapes and midis of proficiency will go back and forth amongst individual players, faculty, and section leaders as if each member of the hornline was a featured soloist for their part.

Raising tour fees and summer expenses through sponsors and loads of creative hard work will engage members while maintaining scholastic excellence and other non-corps activities.

But third is the ongoing conditioning, a challenge for sure. http://yea.org/programs/cadets/cadets/news/664-holy-name-track-team

Cavaliers and others are attempting similar strengthening endurance protocols.

Does reading DCP while on a treadmill count?

Edited by xandandl

Only if the speed is 6.0 or higher. If it's between 5.5 and 5.9, the incline must be set at two.

I thought high leg lifts were dinosoar moves some corps bring back for nostalgic moments. "Toes up" is where the activity is today. :tounge2:

I thought high leg lifts were dinosoar moves some corps bring back for nostalgic moments. "Toes up" is where the activity is today. :tounge2:

I still believe all the marking time and marching with nothing above the waist moving I did from 57 to 66 has made me a very good masters sprinter where high knees is critical.