Most Impressive Low Brass Lines?

Careful now, Eleran. Facts aren't liked by all. Shame on you, and I of course for talking about this era based on instruments and uses.

Please tell me, should we not talk about the past 20 years of baseball because of steroids. I mean, that makes as much sense as leaving out synths in a brass sound discussion. Especially given the specifity of the 2009-present portion of the original topic.

Not sure where I was trying to suppress any facts. I'm not oblivious to the fact that there is synth use in DCI. Some corps make it pretty obvious they're using it. But my question was asking for the best low brass lines and that isn't exactly an invitation for "cheeky" responses such as "HAHAHA SYNTHS LOL." Whether corps use synths or not, their low brass lines are still playing.

How about I rephrase this topic so that those who are having trouble with it can have an easier time: "Most Impressive Low Brass Lines Without Factoring in the Synthesizer."

Not sure where I was trying to suppress any facts. I'm not oblivious to the fact that there is synth use in DCI. Some corps make it pretty obvious they're using it. But my question was asking for the best low brass lines and that isn't exactly an invitation for "cheeky" responses such as "HAHAHA SYNTHS LOL." Whether corps use synths or not, their low brass lines are still playing.

How about I rephrase this topic so that those who are having trouble with it can have an easier time: "Most Impressive Low Brass Lines Without Factoring in the Synthesizer."

That, or maybe not break down by decade, and then stop in the 2000's and restart in the year of the synth (2009) through 2014.

I mean Bluecoats have an almost all natural low brass sound. The synth doesn't add much at all. With some other corps, yes, but Bluecoats, no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MlLQviJsYs&feature=youtu.be

Well, I think the Bluecoats have been racking up some votes in the "post-synth" category.

• Like 1

Slightly off topic but I'm sure it'll come up again in this thread so I might as well embrace it... which corps has been the biggest offender of synth use as a supplement to contras? My vote goes to the Cadets. Specifically 2010. That closer, Jesus... Can't hear anything but the constant bass.

Cannot get enough of how aggressive SCV's line played in '99. Next would Phantom '96.

Careful now, Eleran. Facts aren't liked by all. Shame on you, and I of course for talking about this era based on instruments and uses.

Please tell me, should we not talk about the past 20 years of baseball because of steroids. I mean, that makes as much sense as leaving out synths in a brass sound discussion. Especially given the specifity of the 2009-present portion of the original topic.

I completely agree with Eleran. You simply cannot get an honest read on the low brass, especially tubas, with the synths blaring.

You must like getting licked!