Shenandoah Sound Recruiting in Maryland

I will be recruiting for Shenandoah Sound tomorrow (Monday) at the Frederick County Marching Band Festival at Linganore High School in Frederick, Maryland. All of the county's public high school bands will be performing in exhibition tomorrow night. If you're in the Frederick, Maryland area, come enjoy a great evening of marching band! Doors open at 5. Show starts at 6.

• Like 1

Hi Anthony ,good luck with the recuitng ,do you have a team put together to help you with this ? Or you taking all this on alone .

@FloridaSun..I do all the Maryland recruiting since I live up here.

@Jeff..No, we haven't. Since so many of the ACCs bands are from PA or NJ, most of the band kids would be outside our target area. We were going to do Chapters at South Hagerstown, but the band I teach has a show that day in Annapolis.

• Like 1

@FloridaSun..I do all the Maryland recruiting since I live up here.

@Jeff..No, we haven't. Since so many of the ACCs bands are from PA or NJ, most of the band kids would be outside our target area. We were going to do Chapters at South Hagerstown, but the band I teach has a show that day in Annapolis.

you have bands from MD, WV, DE and a few from VA as well.

you have bands from MD, WV, DE and a few from VA as well.

Chapter 9 Represent!

Very true. I'll see if that's something we can work in.

Try contacting Holly from Fusion ... they recruited in MD a few years ago ... even held rehearsals there if I remember correctly ... don't know how it worked out, but they have moved from "A" to Open in the years following ... sometimes going to where the recruits are to conduct an Open House is more effective then asking them to come to you ... just a thought ...

Good luck ...

:-)

Chapter 9 Represent!

was just down there....growing again!

• Like 1

was just down there....growing again!

I truly miss working with Caesar Rodney. Colonel Richardson (where I teach but don't work with the band) has brought back their marching band and is working towards building their program up. I think they went to Parkside to compete but they don't do a full tour.

Edited by CorpsBuff
  • Like 1