Rules Proposals (1 of 2)

Galen

Off-Season Rules Change Proposals  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Class A GE Caps

2. 2. CLASS and Fanfare Finals

3. 3. Masters of DCPI

This is the thread for voting on the off-season rules proposals. Proposals #4 and 5 will appear in a separate thread. Directors may only vote once per proposal.

Voting runs until 6 PM CST on Saturday, 10/18.

Proposal #1

Proposal name:Class A GE Caps

Proposal description/purpose:

This is an old proposal, but deserves another look and was very close last time (disclosure i did change the penalty amount as I feel the previous amount wouldn't really deter a director from breaking the rule). Class A corps may not select any GE captions valued higher than 20 points. Directors that select GE captions valued higher than 20 points will be assessed a 0.5 penalty for each point they are over, for each show they are in violation of this rule.

Rationale: This proposal, if passed, would put the focus in Class A on performance, rather than effect and design. It would give Class A directors more flexibility in picking their captions instead of just using the best GE corps and loading up on cheapest possible options for everything else. Puts the proportion of caption points between GE captions and other captions more in line with Open Class corps. Since it would be too difficult to script this change, the penalty would put directors "on their honor" as well as negate any potential advantage gained by going over the limit. Directors who exceed this would be notified via PM/email and instructed to change their captions or face a penalty of .5 for each point in excess of the limit they use.

(Executive Director's note: If passed, this would be managed manually by the executive director)

Proposal #2

Name/Corps represented:CLASS Corps

Proposal name: CLASS and Fanfare Finals

Proposal description/purpose:this is more of a scheduling item, however going forward CLASS and FANFARE as two major DCPI events would have to be scheduled on a weekend and not on the same day. As the two major competitive bodies of DCPI, CLASS and FANFARE Championship both pull in a large crowd and are very competitive. For the benefit of both organizations and DCPI, the events should be weekend events later in the season and while they could be the same weekend, they can not be the same day. The venue shall be determined by each organization prior to schedules being completed.

Proposal #3

Name/Corps represented: Knight Org

Proposal name: Masters of DCPI

Proposal description/purpose:There should be a creation of a Masters event that requires all corps attending to be a previous world champion in their perspective division. This helps reward those corps who have fought hard to win a world title and become part of the elite to go head to head. It would also challenge others even further to achieve a world title to become part fo the elite.

all yes

I love the idea of limiting the Class A GE captions. I discovered really quick during the live season that things didn't matter that much if I didn't have the best or second best GE groups for my GE.

yeah and lets be real, it takes a lot of realism out of it--you have the GE of Blue Devils but the brass of Pioner? OUCH

This may bring back the WYAA...

and we would welcome them back

Edited by gcurrier