Regiment '15

Looking at Phantom's Facebook page this morning, someone on last night's Q&A session asked if they could get a hint on what the 2015 show will be about....

The answer from Phantom:

"Ever been to Paris?"

Texas or France, I wonder? :)
  • Like 1

Texas or France, I wonder? :)

A country western music show would certainly signal a 'new direction' stylistically. Heh.

• Like 1

would the Phantomettes end up looking like Dolly Parton and family or the usual "life is so miserable-twang-oh I am so depressed-twang-only my dawg luvs me-twang-C&W "musician"???

Being photographed with the bust of Dolly Parton outside the Sevierville, Tenn. show was always a highlight for some corps members. The mountain in the middle of the field was not. All this was supposed to be corrected with the laying of new artificial turf. But the show has not returned to the DCI schedule. Wait, that could be its own C&W drama.

Edited by xandandl

It will be interesting, based on some of the speculation on here, the directon they'll go.

Edited by tesmusic

Maybe the Organ Symphony with an Organ???? Would be great!!!!

Has any corps (or band for that matter) performed any part of the first three movements in the Symphony? Phantom's done the 4th movement twice and I think Blue Stars did a small portion in 2008 along with Glassmen in 2012.

The entire symphony is full of great musical moments - the 2nd movement alone would make a great ballad (Ib. Poco Adagio).

Maybe it's The Hunchback of Notre Dame. The story of a beautiful girl named Esmerelda and... Just kidding. :)

Heard in the stands......

"Honey - what's that drill formation Phantom's doing? Is that a dinosaur?"

"No dear - I believe that's supposed to be Quasimoto."

Pro: could be Berlioz

Con: could be Messiaen

Oh, come on. Messiaen could be awesome. Would be interesting to see how someone could put "Quartet for the End of Time" on the field. His songs filled with bird noises could also form a cool backdrop for a sequel to "On Air". The Quartet would require a pretty dark show to fit into though.

How about "He Went to Paris" by Jimmy Buffett. Maybe they're looking for answers to questions that bothered them.