Regiment '15

Has any corps (or band for that matter) performed any part of the first three movements in the Symphony? Phantom's done the 4th movement twice and I think Blue Stars did a small portion in 2008 along with Glassmen in 2012.

The entire symphony is full of great musical moments - the 2nd movement alone would make a great ballad (Ib. Poco Adagio).

Coppell High School from Texas in 2005. The whole show is the Organ Symphony using Music from all movements.

Coppell High School from Texas in 2005. The whole show is the Organ Symphony using Music from all movements.

The only video of Coppell from that year shows them playing Shostakovich's 12th. Could the year be wrong?

Edited by Lincoln

The only video I could find shows Coppell playing Th

The only video of Coppell from that year shows them playing Shostakovich's 12th. Could the year be wrong?

I believe this is the video you're looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY7McvGzk9Y

I believe this is the video you're looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY7McvGzk9Y

Thank you for pointing that out. It was a nice performance of the 4th and 2nd movements of the symphony.

The drum major's podium looked like a work of art.

Edited by Lincoln

I'm hoping it's "Orphée aux Enfers' (Orpheus in the Underworld) - I've been hoping for years that they would do this as a show. This is the opera that the can-can music comes from - the all girl guard could definitely pul it off!!!!

Later,

Mike

Looking at Phantom's Facebook page this morning, someone on last night's Q&A session asked if they could get a hint on what the 2015 show will be about....

The answer from Phantom:

"Ever been to Paris?"

There's an implied You in that question. Most of us are American, n'est-ce pas?

GFTW. (Gershwin For The Win.)

/not a preference but a prediction... I like some of the other ideas like Ravel better.

• Like 1

You can thank me later.

I seriously did not think that I could get a hint out of the Regiment about their 2015 show! I guess all it took was some asking.

Looking at Phantom's Facebook page this morning, someone on last night's Q&A session asked if they could get a hint on what the 2015 show will be about....

The answer from Phantom:

"Ever been to Paris?"

Think it's not me? Well, check Facebook and Brian Tan is clearly the name so...