Regiment '15

I can see it now!

She stands midfield at the 50; and in true Regiment tradition (a la Into the Light), music is heard in the distance but the horn players cannot be seen.

Suddenly the whole ensemble appears out from under that immense "skirt" and, voila, we have drum corps falling on the ground to form Le Tour Eiffel (much like that young corps from Brittany for whom Euponitone wrote the drill to rave reviews in Drum Corps Europe.)

Yes, almost like SCV's tent with Scheherazade, but in reverse. (For you drum corps historical purists, SCV borrowed the move from DeLaSalle Oaklands of Ontario, Canada, an early DCI finalists whose drill designer Gary "Chops" Czapinski hid the ensemble under a multi-colored parachute.)

Sorry Lincoln and fans.

Ice storm here this morning after 5 inches of new snow killed the power and kept me busy.

Edited by xandandl

Chops...man. That guy was a bit of a nut. He did the drill two years for my high school in Indiana when I marched. When he came to tweak some of the stuff we couldn't clean we learned just what a character he was. He had us spread into both end zones and above and below the field for our opening set one year. Listening across the distance to balance the sound and not phase was a fun challenge. We had to modify the drill for the MBA circuit though as they had boundary rules.

I am wondering if rumors from Rockford are true that Cappybara is collaborating with Mikey Cesario to design the headgear for Phantom '15's unis. Based on the clues Cappy shared in post #419 here, here is a sneak of what it may look like, Lincoln's approval pending.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Adult-Green-Frog-Head-Swamp-Prop-Backyard-Amphibian-Rubber-Mask-Costume/201259887213?_trksid=p2054897.c100204.m3164&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140407115239%26meid%3D184640bbfd8e47e686cfb5a4ac96aee8%26pid%3D100204%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D28%26sd%3D331216701177

Kermitparis.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I can see it now!

She stands midfield at the 50; and in true Regiment tradition (a la Into the Light), music is heard in the distance but the horn players cannot be seen.

Suddenly the whole ensemble appears out from under that immense "skirt" and, voila, we have drum corps falling on the ground to form Le Tour Eiffel (much like that young corps from Brittany for whom Euponitone wrote the drill to rave reviews in Drum Corps Europe.)

Yes, almost like SCV's tent with Scheherazade, but in reverse. (For you drum corps historical purists, SCV borrowed the move from DeLaSalle Oaklands of Ontario, Canada, an early DCI finalists whose drill designer Gary "Chops" Czapinski hid the ensemble under a multi-colored parachute.)

Sorry Lincoln and fans.

Ice storm here this morning after 5 inches of new snow killed the power and kept me busy.

Wrong corps, right country, it was the Seneca Optimists that used the parachute.

Wrong corps, right country, it was the Seneca Optimists that used the parachute.

HBD...

Indeed it was the Optimists (who moved from one Toronto suburb to another along the way.)

And Guardling, you young 'un, Ops did the parachute move about a decade before the date you cite. Guards imitated drum corps back then, not like now.