Regiment '15

I'm sorry to say that madison has one of the few shows I find more boring than phantoms this year.

maybe they will pass them, maybe they won't.

To each his own, and I felt the same way in the beginning of the season, but the staff at Madison has done a great job this year over the course of the season beefing the show up. It, along with SCV, BK and Phantom (musically - yes I am a huge Phantom fan) are my favorite shows this year. We will see what happens at the end. Like I said above, I am predicting Regiment over Scouts at finals, but those saying it's impossible for Madison to pass Phantom really don't know what they are talking about.

• Like 1

To each his own, and I felt the same way in the beginning of the season, but the staff at Madison has done a great job this year over the course of the season beefing the show up. It, along with SCV, BK and Phantom (musically - yes I am a huge Phantom fan) are my favorite shows this year. We will see what happens at the end. Like I said above, I am predicting Regiment over Scouts at finals, but those saying it's impossible for Madison to pass Phantom really don't know what they are talking about.

definitely not impossible, I kind of see them on an even playing field at this point

definitely not impossible, I kind of see them on an even playing field at this point

Me too. I really want them and Madison to return to the top. Was always so fun in the 80's/90's watching those two battle it out. I think it's been since 2005 that Madison beat Phantom - so a long time.

• Like 2

I'm sorry to say that madison has one of the few shows I find more boring than phantoms this year.

maybe they will pass them, maybe they won't.

I was going to say the same thing but didn't want to suffer the backlash lol. I don't find Phantom's show particularly exciting this year but Madison's even more so.

By the way, never said it was impossible for Phantom to get passed up, just think it's unlikely to happen.

Edited by Cappybara

but the staff at Madison has done a great job this year over the course of the season beefing the show up. It, along with SCV, BK and Phantom (musically - yes I am a huge Phantom fan) are my favorite shows this year. We will see what happens at the end.

Scott Boerma rejoining Madison has done wonders. I wonder if he can arrange classical... :)

Speaking of which... elements of Regiment's design team did a great job with Spirit a couple years back. They were entertaining, and played to the corps' history and strength with the noir, Vegas, and speakeasy shows. Who was the arranger? Scott Boerma.

Just so there is no confusion as everyone reads through all these posts, most everything written here is conjecture, intentionally pejorative to illicit a reaction, based on something someone heard from a friend of a friend, or more likely completely made up. I don't say that to be negative toward anyone, it's just fact. I am sitting here at PR practices right now, as I have been for the past week, and I can tell you the comments about the corps, staff, leadership, etc., in most every comment are no more than opinion, based mostly on emotion, slant, and intent to get readers fired up and defensive. Believe me when I say the sky isn't falling, and every corps rides waves, up down, and sideways. Remember: this is the same group that took 1st just 7 years ago, and 3rd just 3 years ago. If you enjoy PR, ignore all of this. Just keep on enjoying. This corps is strong, vibrant, and will continue to entertain and be a strong competitor long after most of us forget what these forums had to say.

I do not plan to respond to any responses to my post. Just wait and see who responds. It will be the standard crowd. If you agree, just click "like."

• Like 9

Just so there is no confusion as everyone reads through all these posts, most everything written here is conjecture, intentionally pejorative to illicit a reaction, based on something someone heard from a friend of a friend, or more likely completely made up. I don't say that to be negative toward anyone, it's just fact. I am sitting here at PR practices right now, as I have been for the past week, and I can tell you the comments about the corps, staff, leadership, etc., in most every comment are no more than opinion, based mostly on emotion, slant, and intent to get readers fired up and defensive. Believe me when I say the sky isn't falling, and every corps rides waves, up down, and sideways. Remember: this is the same group that took 1st just 7 years ago, and 3rd just 3 years ago. If you enjoy PR, ignore all of this. Just keep on enjoying. This corps is strong, vibrant, and will continue to entertain and be a strong competitor long after most of us forget what these forums had to say.

I do not plan to respond to any responses to my post. Just wait and see who responds. It will be the standard crowd. If you agree, just click "like."

Well said and thanks for sharing your first hand experience with us!

Here's the new ending!

• Like 3