Regiment '15

I'm ok with the shopping motif - every show doesn't have to be a "heavy" theme - but I'm extra glad the narration has been trimmed. Honestly, the show doesn't need it, and in many cases it was interfering with the music.

Mike

I don't want to sound like Channel3 here but it just doesn't add anything. It dumbs down the show. When I think of "City of Light" I think of the beauty of Paris, not the shopping destinations.

• Like 4

I was at the show last night. The only narration I heard was "Welcome to Paris!" just before the first impact, "Taxi!" (I think) toward the end of the Lambert piece, and "Welcome to the Moulin Rouge!" during the Gershwin. That was pretty much it.

Show got a pretty big reaction from the crowd. One of the two crowd favorites of the night along with Crown.

• Like 3

I was at the show last night. The only narration I heard was "Welcome to Paris!" just before the first impact, "Taxi!" (I think) toward the end of the Lambert piece, and "Welcome to the Moulin Rouge!" during the Gershwin. That was pretty much it.

Show got a pretty big reaction from the crowd. One of the two crowd favorites of the night along with Crown.

Huh, I didn't even hear the Taxi one. There was a quick, somewhat quiet "oo la la", I think. Silly, but easy to ignore. Edited by zachariaswmb

Very happy to hear that narration has been shortened and cut. Some of that cheese narration made me cringe during a show I liked a lot at the beginning of the season. Now they just need to get rid of the idiotic shopping motif that is present throughout the show.

Yeah, after a couple years of strong females the shopping thing seems a little regressive.

• Like 5

Aw c'mon. Let's say 40% of the fan base is female. Unlike the sausage fest here on DCP, da wimmen like to shop and do think it is a big part of the Parris experience. These ladies have put up with years of decapitations, impalements, poisoning, and going into the light. Don't you think they deserve a show with a little bit of light hearted shopping in it? Some fashion with flags, sabers and rifles? OK forget that last part.

I don't want to sound like Channel3 here but it just doesn't add anything. It dumbs down the show. When I think of "City of Light" I think of the beauty of Paris, not the shopping destinations.

Totally agree. The shopping motif makes it bourgeois. All of those brands are readily found in the U.S., so why focus on that part of Paris? Why not the culture, art, and people?

• Like 2

Aw c'mon. Let's say 40% of the fan base is female. Unlike the sausage fest here on DCP, da wimmen like to shop and do think it is a big part of the Parris experience. These ladies have put up with years of decapitations, impalements, poisoning, and going into the light. Don't you think they deserve a show with a little bit of light hearted shopping in it? Some fashion with flags, sabers and rifles? OK forget that last part.

I really do hope you mean this light heartedly and not in the mysogynistic tone laden with deficit-thinking it sounds like.

• Like 1