Regiment '15

Actually, you haven't. How can you have consistency with huge rollover? I think you need to go back and read through the thread. You have the makings of someone that has never marched or been in the activity..am I mistaken? There are so many things that cannot be evaluated with a simple audition.

What in the world... I'm about to give up.

1. You are making the assumption that there would be rollover just because vets have to audition. Do you seriously think a vet would leave and AUDITION somewhere else just because he has to AUDITION again at a corps that he knows he has an advantage to get in at?

2. I'm pretty sure I've established that I have not marched (I'm 19) and do not plan on marching due to circumstances I have mentioned a couple times before.

3. Just because I have not marched does not mean I cannot use common sense or use parallels from situations I have experience with before.

4. If there are "so many things that cannot be evaluated with a simple audition" (and I agree with you there), then how do you think members should join the corps in the first place? There will be a point where the corps will need new people and those people will have to audition. Why establish inequality by excluding people from the process?

So far the tally for the number of reasons you have supporting not requiring auditions is one (rollover). I sincerely hope you plan on bringing something a bit more substantial to the table than that.

I, for one, am getting very tired of arguments ad hominem about whether someone has marched D&BC as a guideline for whether their opinions deserve a hearing or not.

I'm sure that there are a number of posters here on DCP who never stepped on the competitive field with a corps but who, nonetheless, have some relationship ( such as a volunteer or mom or tour manager or…?) with DC and who live and breath drum corps as a musical performance art and/or love drum corps because a particular corps has touched their heart and soul. Their opinions deserve credit in this community.

I am 72 and marched 1956-1960 with the Regiment when it was born and was in its infancy and the fact that it became a respected world class corps does not entitle my opinion to any more weight on this forum than someone who is 19 and has not marched.

Listen to what our posters say and, if you do not agree, tell us why without attacking the character or experience or…? of the contributor. This forum should not be a game of "gotcha".

Now, as others have said, back to Regiment "15 and (I hope) the Summer of City of Light (kdaddy's suggestion on Dec 5: Occam's Razor reigns again).

Edited by 1956OPR
  • Like 6

no, nowadays they have to be re-cycled......................................but that's the sentiment with which the earlier part of this thread started, ha, ha.

huh?

huh?

re-doing same old music, same show design, same basic poor girl story, same ending of someone getting killed. Recycling... and Lincoln posted on Throwback Thursday. In many municipalities in the country, the non-Edison light bulbs have to be placed in the recycling bin, not common trash.

Now do you get it?

Edited by xandandl

re-doing same old music, same show design, same basic poor girl story, same ending of someone getting killed. Recycling... and Lincoln posted on Throwback Thursday. In many municipalities in the country, the non-Edison light bulbs have to be placed in the recycling bin, not common trash.

Now do you get it?

No need to spell it out, I was just finding it amusing that someone who spends much of their time on here pointing out the issues in the way others write ought to proof their typing before they hit post.