Regiment '15

Of course.

It may be those same culprits on here who live in a world of perpetual angst........................no, not the new percussion instructor for Crown (who probably had all his vets audition this season even though they may have marched there previously.)

Paul I am lucky to know from his time in Cadets and then on staff of Boston and then 7th Regiment.

Dan marched with someone I sponsored in Regiment and who has kept a good friendship with that person. My experiences have been nicely humorous. That being said, Dan was the public face of the Regiment for awhile in their public relations vids and posts.

Both guys are a plus and good picks.

Like he should.

forgive me for going off track for a moment for bringing up the vet audition comment about another corps.

But in respect and fairness to the members of Regiment '15, why don't we agree to keep the comments to Phantom and use the other threads about those corps.

oui or non? D'accord!

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

Don't worry, Chaos. I didn't mistake him/ her for you. You're unforgettable!

I try.

Now to be hateful for real...

glad this isn't looking like another ###### story. +1 for that.

i know it's been 20 years since Claire de Lune and 10 since An American in Paris, but is there a need for both throwbacks? Could've used plenty more from Debussy.

i see Hill is rehashing his Glassmen stuff.

i think whether i like this show or not will hinge on the arrangements. if they're too similar (wind band-ish) to the last two years stuff, it's not going to work for me.

• Like 1

I try.

i know it's been 20 years since Claire de Lune and 10 since An American in Paris, but is there a need for both throwbacks? Could've used plenty more from Debussy.

i think whether i like this show or not will hinge on the arrangements. if they're too similar (wind band-ish) to the last two years stuff, it's not going to work for me.

Maybe not as blatant, but yes, I'm glad it's not another story line show. Agree with you there.

I actually liked Hill's last show for the Glassmen, personally of course not trying to convince anyone otherwise, I listen to it quite a bit, especially the Organ Symphony closer, though I want it to be different, don't get me wrong. I just hope he can spice it up quite a bit this year.

I like this one on the surface more than the last three concerning announcements, we'll see where it goes.

• Like 1

I try.

Agreed it'll depend completely on the arrangements. I have no issue with them repeating source music though, especially when they've been done so long ago.

• Like 2

I like the show title and what the concept could be.

At the moment, it doesn't reference a fixed storyline that boxes them in from a design standpoint. I hope they choose a "theme" and not a storyline. There are so many great things they could use to convey what Paris is about.

They have already done 3 of 6 musical selections before and I wish they would refrain from repeating music from their own history (as well as the history of the activity). Yet I haven't heard the arrangements and if my own history is about to repeat, I may be wrong.

When I heard their choices in '05 I was so disappointed only to end up loving that show.

• Like 1

Love my corps and yes, some of these are rehashes. However, I anticipate it to be in the realm of the 05 show. If they go more theatric, I.e. BD-ish, and provided they can pull it off, it could be a great show.

In either case, I look forward to it.

Love my corps and yes, some of these are rehashes. However, I anticipate it to be in the realm of the 05 show. If they go more theatric, I.e. BD-ish, and provided they can pull it off, it could be a great show.

In either case, I look forward to it.

Last thing I'd want is for Phantom to go down the BD path. As much as I love BD's recent direction, let Phantom be Phantom. Playing powerful classical music is what they do best. They don't need to be "artsy" and eccentric to pull off an entertaining and competitive show.

Last thing I'd want is for Phantom to go down the BD path. As much as I love BD's recent direction, let Phantom be Phantom. Playing powerful classical music is what they do best. They don't need to be "artsy" and eccentric to pull off an entertaining and competitive show.

Not being BD in a avante-gardish way, per se, but taking a fresh idea and running with it. Hopefully we're done with the killings and the "female centric" themes and onto something more generally entertaining. I'm really excited about this announcement!
  • Like 4