Regiment '15

I like the show title and what the concept could be.

At the moment, it doesn't reference a fixed storyline that boxes them in from a design standpoint. I hope they choose a "theme" and not a storyline. There are so many great things they could use to convey what Paris is about.

They have already done 3 of 6 musical selections before and I wish they would refrain from repeating music from their own history (as well as the history of the activity). Yet I haven't heard the arrangements and if my own history is about to repeat, I may be wrong.

When I heard their choices in '05 I was so disappointed only to end up loving that show.

maybe instead of the storyline they can just do vignettes from Paris?

Agreed it'll depend completely on the arrangements. I have no issue with them repeating source music though, especially when they've been done so long ago.

they need to unleash some raw power. bring back that phantom sound.

Maybe not as blatant, but yes, I'm glad it's not another story line show. Agree with you there.

I actually liked Hill's last show for the Glassmen, personally of course not trying to convince anyone otherwise, I listen to it quite a bit, especially the Organ Symphony closer, though I want it to be different, don't get me wrong. I just hope he can spice it up quite a bit this year.

I like this one on the surface more than the last three concerning announcements, we'll see where it goes.

i'm hesitant with this one for now. need to hear it.

They got pretty close to that crazy raw power in 2014 by finals. Unfortunately, they don't seem to reach that form until the very end of the season.

They got pretty close to that crazy raw power in 2014 by finals. Unfortunately, they don't seem to reach that form until the very end of the season.

I'm under the impression the brass staff holds them back until later in the season. I remember the same thing happened with the 2013 show. By the end of the season the volume in the brass line was much more pronounced.

That would be great.

I love Paris in the springtime.

I love Paris in the fall.

I love Paris in the winter when it drizzles,

I love Paris in the summer when it sizzles.

• Like 1

I'm under the impression the brass staff holds them back until later in the season. I remember the same thing happened with the 2013 show. By the end of the season the volume in the brass line was much more pronounced.

I wonder why that is? To build momentum/rile up motivation from the corps?

I'm pretty excited by their announcement of source material.

It's going to be hard for them to top 1990s arrangement of Symphony No. 3 ( Organ Symphony), but we shall see how much of it is going to be used.

of course, and it should be obvious for those who dislike repeated source music:

almost no pieces are done entirely in the roughly 7-8 minutes that a horn line actually plays.

That being said, it is possible for an arranger to take different parts of the source music than has been previously performed in a DCI show.

How probable? Well strength of themes, memory, and impact are other considerations before one could say much or little. N'est pas?

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

I am over the moon about this show announcement!! The musical selections are gorgeous and I KNOW that Clair de Lune will bring tears to my eyes, I love it that much! The icing on the cake.....is that Phantom Regiment is coming to California with this show!! Wow.

• Like 1