Regiment '15

More than cautiously optimistic about this show. Glad the overt story telling seems to be taking a break, and there is some great source music here, with a few standards, but many new pieces.

Regarding last year, I finally started listening to the CDs a few weeks ago. I can't stop listening to Regiment last year! While there are a few parts of the book that don't work, there are so many that do. What they pulled off at the end of the season was remarkable. This was far from my favorite music book on the field last summer during the season, but maybe without seeing the visual and the forced story I'm enjoying it a hell of a lot more now. Gorgeous ballad, exciting moments, and some great low power.

Like many, I hope they don't come out so controlled next year and ramp up the volume much sooner. I think it puts them in a hole they don't need to try to climb out of.

Go Regiment! I'm pulling for you as always!

Harvey

• Like 1

I'm probably in the minority here but I'd like to see PR go beyond the source music for Claire de Lune and make that a huge impact point in the ballad (assuming that is the ballad piece). From a source music perspective, it's a very mellow (and beautiful) piece that doesn't seem to go anywhere by the end. I'd really like to see them do something to it to give it that "oomph" kind of like what Bluecoats did to Hymn of Axciom this summer.

I'm probably in the minority here but I'd like to see PR go beyond the source music for Claire de Lune and make that a huge impact point in the ballad (assuming that is the ballad piece). From a source music perspective, it's a very mellow (and beautiful) piece that doesn't seem to go anywhere by the end. I'd really like to see them do something to it to give it that "oomph" kind of like what Bluecoats did to Hymn of Axciom this summer.

The piece has some beautiful sustained moments in it. Check out Regiment playing it in '94 if you have the chance. One thing, back then the piece was almost 4 minutes of their show.

I loved Crown's '08 version as well. They incorporated parts of "One Hand One Heart" and "Somewhere" with it. It was really nice.

• Like 1

The piece has some beautiful sustained moments in it. Check out Regiment playing it in '94 if you have the chance. One thing, back then the piece was almost 4 minutes of their show.

I loved Crown's '08 version as well. They incorporated parts of "One Hand One Heart" and "Somewhere" with it. It was really nice.

I listened to both versions before submitting that post.

I love me some Clair de Lune, including their amazing rendition in 1994. One thing today's judges wouldn't appreciate: a sustained four-minute ballad.

But I was hoping they'd try something different, like The Girl with the Flaxen Hair or Reverie.

I'm really intrigued by the Poulenc. I wasn't familiar with it prior to this announcement. (gotta have a conflict section)

I love me some Clair de Lune, including their amazing rendition in 1994. One thing today's judges wouldn't appreciate: a sustained four-minute ballad.

But I was hoping they'd try something different, like The Girl with the Flaxen Hair or Reverie.

I'm really intrigued by the Poulenc. I wasn't familiar with it prior to this announcement. (gotta have a conflict section)

i'm sure a judge would personally appreciate it. he/she could only award it only so much because of the way that the corps write the sheets now.

Do we start taking bets now on who's going to die during the show? Do they set it during the Revolution? Or set the entire show in the Catacombs underneath?

i'm sure a judge would personally appreciate it. he/she could only award it only so much because of the way that the corps write the sheets now.

I'm not so sure about this. Last year the Bluecoats ("Bleu!" Oh never mind.) had their best year ever playing a ballad piece mostly unchanged and complete. I suspect that the judges do want to hear a corps develop ideas over more time than they do, but perhaps only for one piece during a show. So, if a corps takes any one piece and plays it for 3-4 minutes uninterrupted, evolving the themes normally, that might be an advantage, and also entertain the audience better. But the rest of the show would have to contain the usual constant change and variety they are looking for.

Just a thought.