Regiment '15

The first one is the "Grande Arche" at La Defense. I stayed there a few times for work, nice area. Its in a straight line from the Arc de Triomphe, so on a good day (with good eyes or binoculars) you can stand under the Grande Arche, see through the Arc de Triopmhe and see the Louvre.

• Like 1

There's a new Arc de Triomphe?! Since when..

For those who have not been to Paris, L'Defense is an office/apartment building not in the center of Paris but a bit north.

For the architectural nerds who have been posting: Arc (like horn arc) de Triomphe (triumph, like victory, like a medal, like the best. Savez-vous?

The first one is the "Grande Arche" at La Defense. I stayed there a few times for work, nice area. Its in a straight line from the Arc de Triomphe, so on a good day (with good eyes or binoculars) you can stand under the Grande Arche, see through the Arc de Triopmhe and see the Louvre.

Sorry for the confusion folks. The Grand Arch, is in a straight line with the Arc de Triomphe through the Avenue des Champs-Élysées, and is a perfect complement to the "other" arc. When I was there, I thought it a fitting update and part of the "new" downtown Pairs... Both are fantastic and would be appropriate in a show about the city of lights...

Sorry for the confusion folks. The Grand Arch, is in a straight line with the Arc de Triomphe through the Avenue des Champs-Élysées, and is a perfect complement to the "other" arc. When I was there, I thought it a fitting update and part of the "new" downtown Pairs... Both are fantastic and would be appropriate in a show about the city of lights...

Ahh gotcha. I've taken 5 years of french and been to Paris before so I was pretty confused haha.

There's a new Arc de Triomphe?! Since when..

La Grande Arche was inaugurated in July 1989, with grand military parades that marked the bicentennial of the French Revolution.

You must have spent your time en La Rive Gauche, for Cappybara, it's all made of your cousin, Carrara marble.

Thanks for the explanation. I had no idea but I was aware of the newer building.

I have appreciated a lot of the newer French architecture because it was really adventurous.

• Like 1