Regiment '15

Another thought on the American in Paris section from 2005... I remember seeing a clip early season, or maybe it was just audio, and thinking "Regiment can't swing - this is lame." By finals week, it was absolutely incredible.

Some great potential with that section of the show.

On the FJM Facebook page there is a picture of Phantom's new uniforms on a massive billboard.

https://www.facebook.com/162612678702/photos/pb.162612678702.-2207520000.1434034065./10153362593468703/?type=3&theater

(hope the link works).

Is this for real? Wow - impressive!

It's a shame that pic was used since it really isn't the best one to show off that uniform. Really amazing that they got a billboard up though.

On the FJM Facebook page there is a picture of Phantom's new uniforms on a massive billboard.

https://www.facebook.com/162612678702/photos/pb.162612678702.-2207520000.1434034065./10153362593468703/?type=3&theater

(hope the link works).

Is this for real? Wow - impressive!

My spidey senses tell me this is fake. Why would they put up a MASSIVE billboard with nothing but a picture and the corps name? Not only that, but in Hong Kong!? :tounge2:

Cool nonetheless! lol

• Like 1

My spidey senses tell me this is fake. Why would they put up a MASSIVE billboard with nothing but a picture and the corps name? Not only that, but in Hong Kong!? :tounge2:

Cool nonetheless! lol

Yeh, I knew it wasn't the Champs- Elysee.

Probably Photoshopped.

Just a reminder of how few things are made today in the U.S.A.

With all the "rights and abuse" issues that have occurred in DCI lately, one item that never seems to be discussed is whether there are child labor/labour at work, whether these manufacturers for clothing and instruments are paying living wages to the workers not in slave labor/labour factories, etc., etc.??? Sadly these issues have missed the collegiate idealism in today's drum corps. A simple endorsement of fair labor/labour practices by drum corps' suppliers would seem appropriate DCI.

Edited by xandandl

Cool nonetheless! lol

I feel stupid now :tounge2:

Cool nonetheless! lol

Duh - didn't pay attention to the Chinese characters. Sorry.

Then again, maybe it's a way to get the Chinese to want to participate in DCI? :tounge2:

The really good things:

Though not completely identifiable on the video, there does seem to be an underlying energy of competitiveness and drive that hopefully will emerge as a tangible force in this year's production. Though some of the new staff have not been overwhelmingly advocated on this forum, several of them are great at inspiring and motivating their ensemble to perform above their heads. Isn't that ultimately what keeps us all coming back to the activity? Perhaps these people have already begun to make their mark and that spark of inspiration is what I am sensing on the video. The show has a wonderful range of musical variety. From the Gershwin to the Saint Saens, they seem to be trying to be less stodgy and pedantic that year’s past. Thank goodness. The front ensemble is much improved as is the writing and the integration into the entire musical offering.

Agreed. I think the pickup of Rob Ferguson was HUGE for the corps. He might have been their most important pickup this offseason. Not having seen the visual package yet, I can't say how his being with the corps is going to compare in positive differences with Jeremy as visual designer, but I can say that Rob is a great writer, educator, and motivator. Call me crazy, but I'm hearing some of his influence on the battery writing, too.

After watching the concert in the park video they sound much better than last year, obvious. But in long sustains there are obvious dropouts and bad stagger breathing techniques evident. And a few times a first Bari blew past a good sound at the end of a sustain to destroy the release. Once they can clean their sustain technique they will be able to challenge for top 5 or 6, but not until then. But maybe Regiment's focus has get the while show on the field and this point they can worry about that?