Regiment '15

For once it's an opportunity to exploit "the thunderous goo" to it's maximum potential. imagine the power of a 32 or 64 foot pedal stop blowing some hair back.

It's also the 2nd week of June. They have about 13 weeks to make any modifications.

i suppose, but they should consult with someone who knows what an organ should sound like

i suppose, but they should consult with someone who knows what an organ should sound like

Maybe Phantom should contact Casavant Freres - after all, their multi-million dollar custom built pipe-organs probably sound much better.

Maybe Phantom should contact Casavant Freres - after all, their multi-million dollar custom built pipe-organs probably sound much better.

you obviously know nothing about digital organs. And it doesn't help that Hill's writing sounds like an overly jealous 3rd year composition student.

Edited by Pes49
  • Like 1

No - and to be honest, I don't feel the need to.

LOL, then don't tread where you shouldn't

If anyone is interested, check out the digital organ developed by Cameron Carpenter. It has masterd perfectly the sound of a pipe organ.

Edited by Pes49

Interesting (humorous) picture from Phantom's Instagram account...

https://instagram.com/p/3z4pGGDHm4/

I believe that is Cody Newell, Blue Devils guard 2104 and Color Guard tech for the Regiment in 2015.

The combination of Cody in his 2014 BD guard gear and the Eiffel tower is a nice tribute from the Regiment's color guard for his efforts this spring in Rockford.

Treading lightly here...

Seems like a stronger program from Regiment than last year - but not really anything that will be competitive with the top 3-4 corps

However a positive step in that direction

I've heard good things about the visual - so very much looking forward to seeing them on the field. As a long term Regiment geek, last year's program was such a disappointment I'm glad to see them moving back into a more accessible direction

Hope they have a great season!

George

BTW I agree with Lincoln on the organ sound. Needs more of a pipe organ sound, needs to sound very grand, old and large... ala a Cathedral sound, to fit correctly with the context of the music. JMO

• Like 4