Regiment '15

you obviously know nothing about digital organs. And it doesn't help that Hill's writing sounds like an overly jealous 3rd year composition student.

Why would he be jealous? Or did you mean zealous? (I know. Words are hard...)

Edited by year1buick
  • Like 5

Phantom's dress rehearsal is tomorrow night according to FB. They say the public is invited.

IIRC last year I don't remember seeing a single comment about their dress rehearsal the day after. I think what happened is a couple days later someone posted a picture of them in the all black uniforms and then the comments started flying.

Why would he be jealous? Or did you mean zealous? (I know. Words are hard...)

you're right

Treading lightly here...

Seems like a stronger program from Regiment than last year - but not really anything that will be competitive with the top 3-4 corps

However a positive step in that direction

I've heard good things about the visual - so very much looking forward to seeing them on the field. As a long term Regiment geek, last year's program was such a disappointment I'm glad to see them moving back into a more accessible direction

Hope they have a great season!

George

BTW I agree with Lincoln on the organ sound. Needs more of a pipe organ sound, needs to sound very grand, old and large... ala a Cathedral sound, to fit correctly with the context of the music. JMO

And maybe you should explore a bit of you tube as well. There are digital organs that produce quadruple the sound of the largest Casavant (and as far as pipe organs go, a Casavant can't hold a candle to a Ruffatti.) And with exacting duplication of the best pipe organs. Digital organs can now produce the effect of a mechanical, or tracker, action of pipe organs which are far more desirable than electrical action organs. And what does old and Cathedral have to do with anything. Many of the largest and finest organs are not even in Cathedrals.

Edited by Pes49

And maybe you should explore a bit of you tube as well. there are digital organs that produce quadruple the sound of a Casavant. And with exacting duplication of the best pipe organs.

Here is the KC Symphony testing their new Casavant organ. They use portions of the Organ Symphony to demonstrate it.

Please note the 1:50 mark and the 3:15 mark.

The organ is that very large structure at the back of the hall. It has 5448 separate pipes.

https://youtu.be/mU_GOaawmM4

Edited by Lincoln

So, there is technology available. It boils down to computer chips and a good speaker system. I'd be willing to bet that if they looked very hard it might be provided.

Here is the KC Symphony testing their new Casavant organ. They use portions of the Organ Symphony to demonstrate it.

Please note the 1:50 mark and the 3:15 mark.

The organ is that very large structure at the back of the hall. It has 5548 separate pipes.

https://youtu.be/mU_GOaawmM4

And your point is???

Oh, and btw, the number of pipes doesn't necessarily mean it had a bigger sound. The stop list and how the individual ranks are footed has much more to do with volume and big sound. Pull up a video or two of the Ruffatti at the Crystal Cathedral. It approached being three times as large as the KC organ and much more balanced.

Edited by Pes49

Quadruple the sound of that?

easily done