Music That Makes You Dumb

My biased hunch is that reading lots of intellectually stimulating books and/ or studying a lot of school required texts tends to make most students score higher on SAT scores than listening to lots of music.... of any stripe. ( but I'm not privy to any research data out there to bolster my preconceived biases on this. )

The current theory regarding music is that the counting helps with mathematics, the creativity and expression with reading. This part of the reason why some schools try to get instruments in a child's hands at an early age. This would primarily be for elementary ages rather than high school, but music is both a left brain/right brain activity, and if the chart is correct, a no brain activity too. However, you can't deny what you say about reading. The more you read, usually the higher the verbal scores on standardized tests.

I learned early on.. in Kindergarden ...how important it was to be on board with whatever it was with someone named " Richard Stands " believed in. He apparently was a bigdeal, and the teacher and all the others in class saluted him each and every morning with.... " I plewdge a legions to the flag ...of the United Straits of America... and to the Republic.... for Richard Stands....one Nation, Under God, imda.. fissable..... etc.

So I'm reading this, and aside from noting Brasso is finally back on the forum after quite a while, the first thing I think is "What does he mean he learned this in Kindergarten?" Who is Richard Stands? My Kindergarten consisted of learning how to put round pegs in round holes, having milk and cookies in the afternoon and a nap. We also visited a fire station once and went to the Detroit Zoo.

Then I laughed out loud!

Edited by Lincoln

Yeah but can Jose see??? You know at the start of the National Anthem "Jose can you see?"....

s/ Lynyrd Skynyrd fan,,,,,,

Yeah but can Jose see??? You know at the start of the National Anthem "Jose can you see?"....

s/ Lynyrd Skynyrd fan,,,,,,

If you're referring to Jose Feliciano with your question....then the answer is no. :silly:

• Like 1

Well if it wasn't for Jose we wouldn't have Christmas cards with a dog scratching itself and the inside reading "Fleas Navidad(sp?)" Ouch..

OK if it wasn't for the song, the people who didn't take Spanish wouldn't get the joke.(I took German)...

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

.........and should all the Planktons be for us, keep your eyes on the Grand Old Flag !

• Like 1