DCI Trumpet Section Mouthpieces

Hi all! I was just curious what the different mouthpieces and mouthpiece sizes the corps use, as I want to be used to playing on one for a Carolina Crown audition next year! thanks a ton!

Most corps seem to be on 3Cs, or whatever the equivalent is from their mouthpiece supplier.

Carolina Crown uses Bach 3C and equivalent mouthpieces.

So what happens with players who come in with a substantially different mouthpiece but Can Play and say it works for optimal airflow for them? Is the brass staff going to leave it alone or switch them to Bach 3C for uniformity?

/just curious as to what the thinking is now. I personally wouldn't question anything this staff wants to do.

So what happens with players who come in with a substantially different mouthpiece but Can Play and say it works for optimal airflow for them? Is the brass staff going to leave it alone or switch them to Bach 3C for uniformity?

/just curious as to what the thinking is now. I personally wouldn't question anything this staff wants to do.

Way back in the early 80's we had just that scenario unfold - sop soloist mouthpiece was some design that let him scream but was bad for embouchure. Brass staff made him switch & and it was sort of a 1989 Blue Devils situation for a few weeks.

• Like 1