Soundsport...Any instrument?

or the thread will morph into funny instruments/instrumentation/performance

That would be nice. In the late 1950s, the British cartoonist, monologist, and tubist Gerard Hoffnung organized some comedic orchestral concerts. From those performances, I am fondest of this setting for tuba quartet of a Chopin Mazurka* but in light of your post, I must mention A Grand Grand Overture, which Hoffnung commissioned from Malcolm Arnold (somehow I didn't realize that Arnold, several of whose works have been played by drum corps, died as recently as 2006). It has been revived in other concerts since. The orchestra is supplemented by three vacuum cleaners, a floor polisher, and four shotguns.

The Proms audience is clearly amused, but I'm not sure how it would go over with a SoundSport crowd--though I note that the climax arguably presages what Phantom Regiment did with Spartacus.

*That quartet brings to my mind the tuba quartet playing The Sorcerer's Apprentice in the Wauseon H.S. marching band show, which is my favorite low brass moment in marching band this year outside of the Farandole baritone solo by Grove City H.S.

• Like 1

Put the bottle away G!

Yes, bottles could work, too.

Did not The Cavaliers' pit use bottles or "water" filled glasses in their front ensemble several seasons back to generate certain sounds?

I think Cadets' pit used glasses of water in 2011 for the beginning of Angels in the Architecture.