Madison in Macy's Parade

The reference I make to Cadets was their 2005 appearance at Macy's. Swing, Swing, complete with trapset drums and drill were featured on TV.

In the 80's and perhaps after, when there were still regional divisions/circuits of DCI, Drum Corps East marched a large ensemble comprised (not compromised, Savannah Guthrie) of marchers from each of the circuit corps and more. DCEast did this at least once, perhaps more. Drum Corps Midwest may have done the same.

The Pioneer of Milwaukee are a frequent participant in the NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade. However due to the length and style of that parade, no unit gets the media attention that Madison did.

And of course, first Star of Indiana and now The Troopers get nationally featured for a bit on broadcasts of the Memorial Weekend Indianapolis 500 parade.

It's official, celebrity TV people become illiterate when working parades.

• Like 1

Cadets 2005 performance:

http://youtu.be/XyHVNU56hx0?t=1h44m35s

Al Roker calls them "The Cadets and Bugle Corps."

No screamers, but really solid sound there!

They somehow seem to do ok with their teleprompters during the morning shows. I don't know what they're huffing between units in the parades.

here's what the national scale thinks of when they watch the Macy's Day parade:

what commercials showing sales are

what music or tv stars are on the floats

waiting for Santa because that means right after he arrives they can flip on the Detroit Lions pregame show.

right now, more people know who the Madison Scouts are then did before. 95% of the people watching the parade have no idea what clean is and isn't, nor do they care. They saw a huge group, that was stupid loud.

Which means they're equal to KISS in terms of loud, but less pyro.

And some were wondering who the old guys were in that huge band. :-)

• Like 2

That could have been very possible in 91 if they used G-Bugles.

I miss my G's. As I'm sure all of my fellow 70's/80's/90's Drum Corps guys do.............

And some were wondering who the old guys were in that huge band. :-)

There were some wondering who were those old guys with all the face makeup on that KISS float too.

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1