Theater Attendance Growth - 11 year record growth

I'd give a bucket of hyacinths to the corps that designed a Keeping Up Appearances show.

I'd be partial to a As Time Goes By... show myself, but there have been a few shows with that music...

The Monty Python show has endless possibilities.

I just had a vision of VK doing a Monty Python show featuring the Lumberjack Song.

I do not know. One thing I would point out, though, is that the pay-per-view of finals just started in 2013. It is possible that some fans on tight budgets might choose between the theater and the PPV, rather than paying for both in the same week.

If you are concerned about growth going forward, then the better question is regarding the number of theaters. Are we reaching a ceiling there?

I know in the Harrisburg area, when it was one theater, it was packed. Since they opened a second theater, neither is packed

OK, so many things being said on this thread, hard to keep them all straight. As for ESPN it seemed for a few years DCI was concerned or at least concentrating on recruitment and getting more DCI eligible people to the shows. Forget if these years and the ESPN years matched but they were close. No idea what DCI expected but starting 10PM on a week night was a bad omen. To me ESPN was DCIs attempt to get nation wide publicity that cost way too much for the result gotten.

well, 10 PM is cheaper than 8. Also, tuesday is a popular night for marching bands to rehearse. If you start at 8, who's home to watch?

• Like 1

I can dig the 10PM being cheaper.... but "Hey mom I want to stay up until midnight watching some kind of band show."

LOL - not when I was growing up......

They were planning to do Velvet Knights and the Holy Grail in 1997, from what was reported on RAMD back at the time. <sigh>

Mike

Was actually going to march that year, found out they weren't happening and went to Madison. That would have been a fun show.

I can dig the 10PM being cheaper.... but "Hey mom I want to stay up until midnight watching some kind of band show."

LOL - not when I was growing up......

Lots of things have changed since then... LOL.

GPS on the phone so mom can stalk and verify is one of those things.

• Like 1

Yeah, the ESPN deal was a failure, and I remember how the sports commentators ridiculed ESPN and DCI for putting marching band on a sports channel. It was brutal.