2014 DVD arrived today :-)

My Blu-ray arrived this morning -- ordered as part of the Fan Network subscription.

I checked out Crown's performance first (will watch the entire disc with the rest of the family): picture and sound are GREAT!

I'm also glad to see on the mulitcam view, they went to a wide shot to capture the fantastic Percussion Judge Snare Save. You can hear the crowd reaction wonderfully when player and snare are reunited.

• Like 2

I just got mine yesterday. We pretty pleased with the overall picture and sound. Will agree with a previous poster that some of the multi-cam shots are questionable. Also kinda' miss the recap 'blurb' of the season the print on the insert. Don't know why they chose not to use one this year (especially with a historic score being set at finals).

Got my Blu-Ray yesterday. Picture and sound are great. I watched all of disc one except for Cadets and Cavies because of (a) my own time constraints (Cavies) and (b) I didn't feel like listening to a 12-minute history lesson (Cadets).

A few quick thoughts:

--BD: Good god can they ever move. Just an incredible show, thought not my personal favorite. (If you haven't watched the finale to see the members' reactions when the score is read, do it--pretty cool)

--Coats: Love this show; the production crew did a nice job with this one. Anyone ever see a corps cover the field--every corner of it--like Bloo did this year?

--Vanguard: I like this show, but I feel like 2004's was a bit better. That may be just because I saw 2004's show for the first time earlier this year when SCV announced its show. This year's is still a great listen. I love SCV's style and class.

--Crown: For me this show wins "most improved." I remember watching this show in late June and thinking that it was quite a mess. There are a few parts I don't like (e.g. gimmicks), but this corps really played and moved well.

Can't wait to watch the rest!

--BD: Good god can they ever move. Just an incredible show, thought not my personal favorite. (If you haven't watched the finale to see the members' reactions when the score is read, do it--pretty cool)

That was their goal and motivation that night. It's real sweet when a goal is reached.

Nice job DCI

I got my blu ray as part of the fan package = image clarity is incredible ( at 6 ft by 9 ft projection ) and audio is great

I will definitely do it again in 2015

frankiE

Received my Blu-ray about one week after ordering....quality is really fine!

I got my Bluray yesterday, but I haven't had the time to watch anything. I'm on the West coast, so most everyone should be getting them by now.

I've watched disc 2 more than disc 1. Not that disc 1 isn't awesome, too. But I really love disc 2 this year. Well.. I've probably watched bluecoats more than anything else. And I keep going back to Cavies too.. which is surprising to myself.

But this past season was just awesome. Not a bad show.. I might even get Vol. II for the first time in a while.