The tyranny and folly of abstraction - an open letter to the Cadets de

Look, I think we can all agree that the Cadets sucked in 2015, but it's time to move on and start talking about 2016.

Yeah I'm pretty excited about that show, XI.

• Like 1

Look, I think we can all agree that the Cadets sucked in 2015, but it's time to move on and start talking about 2016.

Face it, DCI's been dead ever since 2035. I would know, I'm fully prepared right now to issue a blistering critique of every show between now and then.

• Like 1

Face it, DCI's been dead ever since 2035. I would know, I'm fully prepared right now to issue a blistering critique of every show between now and then.

Well what the hell have I been posting here for?!?!?!?!

Things just haven't been the same since the Blue Devils folded in 2020 due to a lack of hindsight.

Are you guys crazy? BITD of the 2020s were insanely good. Of course it's gone downhill since they allowed AI driven corpsbots into the activity and they glitched into killbots during the 2031 finals. At least that forced DCI to move finals from Indy after the killbots took over the entire city and the ensuing carnage razed it to the ground.

• Like 1

Tough crowd, but that's expected. Insults before inquiry is par for the course with most posters.

Not only do I agree you're guilty of going off prematurely, but you're also doing the same thing you're convinced the Cadets' staff is going to do: overthinking things.

I suggest you wait until June, take a good look and listen, try it again in July, and then if you decide you were right and it's more irritating than entertaining, do what I did last year with Cadets and just go get some popcorn. It's a ten-minute drum corps show. You're not gonna love 'em all.

It reminds of PR in 1976 when asked why they were not doing a bicentennial tribute like most corps. The response was "we are, we are playing Mahler's 7th Symphony and Tchaikovky's 6th Symphony". I'm pretty sure the audience didn't get the tribute from watching the corps.

Edited by DAvery
  • Like 1

Wait til you get older, then it's bathroom and 'OMG I gotta walk around before I get too stiff to get up' breaks.

• Like 1