Your favorite Drum Corps Uniform

And yet...some of the scores for 'Coats at finals last year...2nd in GE, 3rd in visual (4th proficiency). I don't think the long coats contributed to the proficiency placement as muchg as any execution issues.

If the long coats created as much dirt as some say, they would've scored much lower.

Also...BD's perfect GE and visual scores come with that large drop of material they've had for several years now...

I said can create more visual dirt, not that it does in every single case ever as a set rule. It caused huge issues when Crossmen tried using them a few years back. The ones that Bluecoats use are also specially tailored to narrow the waist out, instead of being a flat vertical line down the side of the body like many of the old uniforms were. Check out early-to-mid 80s SCV to see what I mean. A lot of extra fabric around the base of those jackets that create bulkier lines and wider-looking people.

1. Cadets hands down!

2. Velvet Knights 1988

3. Bridgemen

4. Madison 95

5. Star 91

6. 27th Lancers especially guard

7. Troopers

8. Phantom Regiment 2002

9. Crossmen 1980

10. Cavaliers 1990s

Edited by wallace

• 2 weeks later...

What ever happens to old retired uniforms anyways? Especially those from now defunct corps. I assume that they're donated or sold to high school/college marching bands and then get stowed away in a stuffy storage room when the marching bands retire them, right? And nowadays corps just send the uniforms back to the uniform companies right?

When our marching band retired old uniforms they were sold as keepsakes to raise money for new ones. First dibs went to current members to buy their own fitted uniform.

They sold well since we retired them right after marching the Rose Bowl parade and only four years after the only state championship the school won in Indiana. I don't think many at all were left after the sale as pretty much anyone who wore one for the state championship, Orange Bowl, or Rose Bowl parade jumped at the chance to get one.

That said, I've never put mine on again that much. I think we used them for Halloween costumes one year. Heh. I should get the shako and plume for my office though.

Glassmen 1998 - 2002

Seattle Cascades circa 2002

Magic of Orlando 2002 - 2003

Boston Crusaders 2009 - 2012

BD 2011

What ever happens to old retired uniforms anyways? Especially those from now defunct corps. I assume that they're donated or sold to high school/college marching bands and then get stowed away in a stuffy storage room when the marching bands retire them, right? And nowadays corps just send the uniforms back to the uniform companies right?

Nowadays, they are often sold to marching bands to raise money for the next round of uniforms. Some open class corps buy old world class uniforms. I've seen high school bands wearing old BD and Troopers uniforms. Sometimes they are sold/raffled off to the general public as well. I own an old Troopers uniform hat that I bought my last year in the corps.

I know sometimes corps save a few old uniforms for future use/historical preservation. Supposedly the Troopers have a few original 1950's/60's uniforms in storage somewhere. I don't know if that guard captain uniform they used in 2013 was original or not, but I remember when I marched the staff talked about wanting to use an old guard uniform they had in storage during a show.

Edited by TroopAlum12

We could purchase our uniforms after a few years. I have mine in my closet at home, same one all 3 years I marched.