Your favorite Drum Corps Uniform

Bluecoats 2007-2012

All white Regiment

Crown 2007-2009

Worst (I know you didn't ask)

Crown 2014. Hands down!

Crown 09 is one of the ugliest uniforms I've ever seen.

• Like 1

I absolutely adore Bluecoats' uniform the past 2 years and BD's uniforms since 2008. They've been consistently good.

I've never been a huge fan of Crown's unis but Crown 2013 was pretty nice. Didn't like 2014 though.

Unis I dont like: any Cadets uni, Pioneer unis, and most of Crown's unis.

You hit the nail on the head, though - the super short jacket creates the illusion of height from a distance. That's the whole point - tall and thin accentuates the drill.

Mike

So does clean drill...and from the top of the stands of an NFL or large college stadium, I don't see long coats being much of an issue...if the drill's clean, it's clean.

So does clean drill...and from the top of the stands of an NFL or large college stadium, I don't see long coats being much of an issue...if the drill's clean, it's clean.

But it makes everyone look shorter and wider. Not really the look they go for anymore in DCI. And any extra material that isn't secured or tight to the body can create a lot of visual dirt. Which is why no one uses capes anymore. Too much visual dirt comes from them.

But it makes everyone look shorter and wider. Not really the look they go for anymore in DCI. And any extra material that isn't secured or tight to the body can create a lot of visual dirt. Which is why no one uses capes anymore. Too much visual dirt comes from them.

And yet...some of the scores for 'Coats at finals last year...2nd in GE, 3rd in visual (4th proficiency). I don't think the long coats contributed to the proficiency placement as muchg as any execution issues.

If the long coats created as much dirt as some say, they would've scored much lower.

Also...BD's perfect GE and visual scores come with that large drop of material they've had for several years now...

• Like 1

Geneva Appleknockers 1970's uniforms were ahead of their time, polished, understated, looked good up close and far away and corps members looked tall. I liked Carolina Crown's 2013 uniform and like Troopers uniform any year as long as their guard wears a dash of yellow. To be honest I listen to the music first and see how the visuals fit later even though I was a guard/marching instructor except for Crossmen in recent years. The guard always seemed to be melodic with the music. Maybe we need a thread about flag colors that match the music that match the uniform too!

• Like 1

I'm not referring to drill in so much as I am the overall look of the uniforms as designed and constructed. And they look frumpy and ugly to me. Frumply. Or frugly. Whatever it is, me no likey. Blechhhh!!!