Camp News?

More Cadets' camp photos:

20 tubas at a time, 10 snares at a time (with gads in the batters box waiting to impress), many vets about...nice start.

https://www.facebook.com/cadets.org/photos/a.10152956711566349.1073741870.31303916348/10152962142501349/?type=1

Out of town auditions next month in Texas and Florida.

I guess kids like the music choice!

Madison and Blue Knights have both posted glowing/generic reprises of their weekends. See the news page.

Crown has an interesting tidbit as Tom Aungst now leads their battery section.

Edited by xandandl

I asked my daughter about Crossmen camp - she took last summer off to study in France so this is age out year.

She didn't say much (it was a short email convo) except that she really enjoyed being back, and "cried when they played Russian Christmas"

God I've loved passing drum corps on to my kids.

Now I have to wait and see if 14 year old grandson will follow in his dad & mom's footsteps.

He's playing trombone in Ft Worth Youth Symphony now, but it's hard to imagine him not at least putting his toes in the water to see how it feels. If I had to guess I'd guess BD, where mom and dad met.

Life is good. Drum Corps is alive and well.

Playing "Russian Christmas Music" with the community band I play in. I usually play the chime part when we program the piece, and I did last night, but I may end up playing timpani...which is my primary instrument in the band.

One of the snares in my band attended the Cadet auditions at Hopewell Valley...totally surprised me to see pics posted in the band's FB page. He is VERY good, and a great person. Not sure if he is looking at Cadets or C2.

• Like 1

I had a son in the Crossmen camp last weekend, big camp. Crossmen have found some lead trumpets this year! Big turnout. Played opener, will be a high energy show. More like 2012 than 2013. Two more audition camps before callbacks!

I'm told at one camp the corps was told "our show this year is called "waiting for licensing rights to come in".

LOL

• Like 5

I'm told at one camp the corps was told "our show this year is called "waiting for licensing rights to come in".

LOL

Why... That only spells trouble for the 2015 DVDs

OC had a great camp from what I hear. (I am sad that my own Oregon Crusader has aged out.)

Their facebook page has nice pics from camp and reports about how things went. With all the new staff, I would bet the excitement is high and I wish them all the best!

https://www.facebook.com/oregoncrusaders

Edited by luv4corps