Cavaliers 2015

Chris Lugo

DCP Rookie

• av-27632.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 97 posts

Posted Today, 12:04 PM

Just a note to clear things up re: Green Thunder Percussion and Cavaliers Indoor Percussion.

Thank you Mr. Official Corps Publicist for your official answer in officialese.

You have a very nice drum corps, um, winter ensemble.

Edited by xandandl

KRULL enough said both Movie and Music are Brilliant. Has the Music from Krull ever been done on the field before?

No. That would be brilliant to weave into a show along with Battle Beyond the Stars and the original Star Trek movie music. Would complement Graham's work from above too, but that beast has a LOT of variety in it already. More than enough for a couple of shows!

Thanks for posting the Horner pieces which both are ripe for some great field presentations. For some reason I sensed SCV when I heard the Krull piece.

Yup. Some good stuff, especially for brass.

I think this is the year that Cavaliers are finally going to recover from their "slump". I think their new staff has finally put together what works and what doesn't. Also they have been constantly been improving year after year so if they keep that up they will win their 8th championship by 2020. So yeah how do you think they will perform this year? Also what are your thought on the corps this upcoming year in general?

I think the Cavaliers recovered this past season. That was one of the best shows on the field. That Cavalier corps reminded me of the 90s groups. Incredible show programming and wonderful music. The whole thing was incredible. Some of their captions will have to step up to another level if they want to place higher, but they are capable of this. There is no doubt that 3 of the top 5 corps seem rock solid from year to year (BD, Crown, Cadets). In my mind they have become the "new" big 3 (obviously the Cavaliers are part of the big 3 historically when you consider the last 30+ years). SCV and Bluecoats to me are wildcards. Bluecoats have tremendous talent from year to year, especially in brass and percussion; but they haven't always had the killer guard, the marching, the drill, or the overall show. Same with SCV.

So, yes, I think pushing into the top 4 is very possible for the Green Machine.

• Like 1

I think the Cavaliers recovered this past season. That was one of the best shows on the field. That Cavalier corps reminded me of the 90s groups. Incredible show programming and wonderful music. The whole thing was incredible. Some of their captions will have to step up to another level if they want to place higher, but they are capable of this. There is no doubt that 3 of the top 5 corps seem rock solid from year to year (BD, Crown, Cadets). In my mind they have become the "new" big 3 (obviously the Cavaliers are part of the big 3 historically when you consider the last 30+ years). SCV and Bluecoats to me are wildcards. Bluecoats have tremendous talent from year to year, especially in brass and percussion; but they haven't always had the killer guard, the marching, the drill, or the overall show. Same with SCV.

So, yes, I think pushing into the top 4 is very possible for the Green Machine.

Hence my username "Cadevilina Crown." :wink:

Hence my username "Cadevilina Crown." :wink:

Alas, I guess art is is the eye of the beholder.

saw your name and read Cade(t)-devil-Ca(ro)lina Crown or is that Ca(valiers)-devil-Ca(ro)lina Crown?

Edited by xandandl

• 3 months later...