Carolina Crown 2015

someone once posted this here before, a WGI Dante Show, think it caused a huff with the hanging at towards the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAPGC4BAfwQ

Probably wouldn't have been as much of an uproar, but since it was a scholastic unit, I wasn't surprised at the time.

Rumor has it that they are also playing Dies Irae from Verdi's Requiem

add "and so it goes" to the ballad =)

I'm wondering if this year's show will be better than 2014, and the same vibe as it did in 2013. I know it's still a mystery but I've noticed a few people thinking that they'll be a real contender to take the gold....thoughts?

• Like 1

I'm wondering if this year's show will be better than 2014, and the same vibe as it did in 2013. I know it's still a mystery but I've noticed a few people thinking that they'll be a real contender to take the gold....thoughts?

From what I've heard it's going to be a fantastic show. The brass and percussion both sound great for this early in the season. It's a different type of show for them as well. VERY dark.

The thought of crown taking on a dark show is weird but I like it. That brass already has the least "bright" sounding line in DCI in my opinion. They'd do wonders with a darker theme.

I think it's gonna be incredible. Totally different than their previous shows but I think they're a serious contender for gold again.

• Like 1

you can be sure they want to take home the Ott Brass award.....losing it lasts year must have been hard when they'd won it for three years in a row.I hope they get their percussion up to snuff.....I don't know enough about percussion to be able to spot the differences between the corps.....they all sound and look good to me, but I guess it's the little things that add up. Love to see them take the title again this year. The last two years I made it to Indy for finals, both of those years changed history....Sadly, I can't afford it this year, but I'll be able to watch them in Bentonville Arkansas...already got tickets to that event. Surprisingly Blue Devils will be there, when they weren't the past two.

Edited by msumello