Carolina Crown 2015

Thank you Cappybara,

You wrote what I was thinking, namely, props need to be used. Not sit there for sitting there's sake.

Thank you Cappybara,

You wrote what I was thinking, namely, props need to be used. Not sit there for sitting there's sake.

Has there been word on props being used by Crown? I am almost positive that the staff would have learned lessons from last year. I can't imagine those trampolines from last year being anything short of a logistics nightmare.

Has there been word on props being used by Crown? I am almost positive that the staff would have learned lessons from last year. I can't imagine those trampolines from last year being anything short of a logistics nightmare.

As of right now there are no props. They experimented with some earlier in the season but the experiments weren't very successful

• Like 1

To me it wasn't what they used, it was how they used it. Combine that with the mufflers up front and that stage, the little white tarps around the field, and it was quite a bit, and it was all stationary, save the trampolines. They made the field feel a lot smaller and it affected the drill IMO. BD's able to integrate theirs and write around them pretty well, and they're usually not stationary. . If you're gonna use them, use them right.

Doesn't Crown look so much better without so much junk taking up field space for little reason?

Back to 2015, yes, the big open field is a nice change.

Agreed. Tramps I liked, but yes, the mufflers and banners were over the top.

Yeah, the potato quality is kind of aids. But, what can you do about it now?

Banners could have been better if they weren't just white circles. With a show like "Out Of This World" those tarps could have been planets, asteroids, stars, etc. rather than plain, boring tarps

• Like 1

I don't see the big issue with Crown's 2014 show. I thought it was fascinating (but then, I don't even know how to decorate my apartment). I loved that show.

Anyway, this year's show sounds like it is gonna be great when they clean up those runs.

• Like 1

don't know much about percussion but that clip of their drum break was really something.....can't find it on youtube anymore so I'm glad I downloaded it before it was taken down. ......seems like it's a very promising year from Crown 15

Very impressive clip. Drums sound GREAT! Love the tuning too, sound like the snares are a little lower this year, which was one of my big issues the past 3 or so years. They sound a lot nicer. And that's a fantastic break, if that's any indication, I think they've addressed the percussion issue. Guard is extremely solid as always, some impressive work! Can't really see the brass, but it looks like they're booking it. This is promising.

I didn't compare, but they still sound tuned pretty high.

Long drum break, but gives the guard time to do some great stuff, some body work and other drill.