Carolina Crown 2015

Show doesn't do too much for me to be honest. I honestly liked the first half of 13' more when I saw that preview than this one. Yea the brass playing is good but at times visually they try to cover the field with unmotivating drill and it just doesn't compel me.

• Like 1

boy did you hit the nail on the head. will be interesting to see how much of this show survives the season. the ending is really a mess.

Referring to Dixon's comment about it looking like a Texas BOA show.

Edited by Pes49

Wow. I'm really really happy with this. It has the potential to win but the product will have to change quite a bit. I don't like the ending at all. So many great things happening. It's gonna progress a ton as always so I don't want to say too much about it now. It's a super exciting show and I can't wait to see it grow!!!

Thing you guys have to remember is this is NOT a finished product. The closer WILL change.

Side note: The "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" banner with the brass during that sequence is honestly one of the most amazing things I've seen in DCI yet. Give it time, and just you wait.

• Like 1

Thing you guys have to remember is this is NOT a finished product. The closer WILL change.

Side note: The "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" banner with the brass during that sequence is honestly one of the most amazing things I've seen in DCI yet. Give it time, and just you wait.

That banner really is amazing. Each time I watch it, I still get goosebumps. Just the way they time it with the brass chord is phenomenal. Crown's had a lot of amazing moments in their shows over the years, and that one topped them all for me. And it's only June!

That banner really is amazing. Each time I watch it, I still get goosebumps. Just the way they time it with the brass chord is phenomenal. Crown's had a lot of amazing moments in their shows over the years, and that one topped them all for me. And it's only June!

You can hear the evil in that chord, and it literally feels like you're at the gates of hell. THAT is some GE.

Edit: Another thought. That ballad is... haunting. Absolutely haunting.

Edited by Zerix

The two BoA bands that do spring to mind, just a little, are Tarpon Springs, half of whose 2014 guard had costumes suggesting musculature, I believe, and Avon, who in some previous year I once saw on Youtube lifted an enormous banner over the band that read (copying a popular billboard), "Don't make me come down there. --God".

This is not a dig on what Crown's doing. Almost anything creative act has at least some precedents in earlier work; that doesn't make the later work "derivative".

I like it. Or, rather, I like where its going. I'll only be disappointed with this show if they fail to develop the show. Which, knowing the crown design staff, is unlikely. Really looking forward to see how this show looks further down the season :thumbup:

• Like 1

I will have pictures to share soon from the Preview show. I was going to post one tonight and say the rest are coming soon, but I am going to hold off on posting them until after the Cinema Broadcast on Wednesday, though ... out of respect for the Corps.