Carolina Crown 2015

Final ST Recap.

As this is being posted they should be loading the busses to begin heading to Kentucky for 2 days of rehearsal. Summer 2015 Tour is upon us!!! I now get to live through video’s and recaps from show observers until it’s my time to join Crown for my volunteer time from NightBeat through Finals.

Most if not all have seen video of the Preview. So the preverbal cat is out of the bag. The MM’s have taken to the show design and concept and have fully bought into this it. This is causing the design team realizing they can “Plus It” and really begin to dive into “Bringing Hell”. All feel they have a solid workable platform in which to expand and begin to add layers on top of. As always, time will tell how that pans out.

Business really picked up last week. As usual the MM’s could see the light at the end of their ST tunnel and pushed really hard this week to have a strong showing Saturday. Business also picked up with the weather and the typical Carolina heat, humidity and afternoon thunderstorms with this past weekend being the hottest to date. Also the general sprit picked up as realization of what’s at their doorstep.

It’s going to be fun ride (if one can call a ride through hell and back fun?).

To the 2015 Crown MM’s- God Speed, stay safe, healthy and keep pushing until the end from one “Homer” Alumnus. I will see you in Winston-Salem.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed the preview. My impression is they have a much stronger framework than they did last year at last time.

I particularly liked the use of the Beethoven 9th material after the Ode to Joy. Who knows if it will stay that way, but I thought attempting to end the show the way Beethoven ended the symphony was pretty cool. I was also pretty pleased with the Verdi section and the ballad. The banner at the beginning and the red scrim over the horns in the ballad are fantastic effects - very exciting, even for June. As impressive as Crown's brass line has been the last couple of years, I'm really excited to hear them tackle more musically complex source material this summer.

Like everyone else, I thought the transition from hell to joy was confusing. But where they are going - basically Dante's tour of hell and escape on Easter morning - makes sense, so I assume they'll figure that out.

• Like 1

The Aaron Copland "Symphony for Organ & Orchestra" piece right before the ballad might be my favorite piece of this summer. But I thought without a doubt it would be Shostakovich's 10th Symphony. Definitely love what both ese corps are bringing to the field.

• Like 1

Final ST Recap.

As this is being posted they should be loading the busses to begin heading to Kentucky for 2 days of rehearsal. Summer 2015 Tour is upon us!!! I now get to live through videos and recaps from show observers until its my time to join Crown for my volunteer time from NightBeat through Finals.

+100 for volunteering.

• Like 1

Just watched the dress rehearsal, wow, what a show already!

The huge banner in the opening actually gave me legit chills. The timing with it coming up and the music was incredible. Ballad is hot (heh), really like it. Ending feels very temporary, as with all of Crown's shows as of late with the early season, which is fine because Crown knows when the right time to change things and make them clean. Can't wait to see this in person in July!

+100 for volunteering.

Thanks and +1000 for your family and their volunteering. And as you know very well it's less about the actual product on the field yearly and more about the MM's to be there for them. I cannot think of any other place I would want to be than beside my Crown.

BTW- Kay is welcome for the "Sweet Tea" recipe!!!! :colgate:

• Like 1

BTW- Kay is welcome for the "Sweet Tea" recipe!!!! :colgate:

Haha! I'll let her know.

• Like 1