Carolina Crown 2015

Precisely, because it has absolutely no reference to Inferno, or Purgatorio or Paradisio or Mama's Family, for that matter. It just "feels right" to them, and it's "the trend right now" meaning the trend for the last 10 years as perpetuated by them and their costume designer friends. :augen51:

The joke zoomed way over your head, my friend.

• Like 2

Carolina Crown has an amazing show and none of us should be surprised that they closed the gap with Cadets. Two great corps going at it. It's clear the top 5 are really in a league of their own this year, much like last year. I don't think I've ever seen the gap between 5 and 6 so wide though. It's a canyon-sized gap at this point.

• Like 2

Anyone who is interested in the visual representation of the story in this show, please let me know. Anyone who is at least nominally aware that designers are building complex visual themes and dramatic actions into the shows now, let me know. Anyone who's read Dante's Inferno, any translation… let me know.

Anyone who is interested in the visual representation of the story in this show, please let me know. Anyone who is at least nominally aware that designers are building complex visual themes and dramatic actions into the shows now, let me know. Anyone who's read Dante's Inferno, any translation let me know.

I read Dante's Inferno in preparation for Crown's show and I must say you sound extremely pretentious. The great part about this show is it's enjoyable to those who haven't read the Dante and enjoyable to those who have. Those who haven't read it are not below those who have and don't deserve to enjoy it any less.

• Like 7

Anyone who is interested in the visual representation of the story in this show, please let me know. Anyone who is at least nominally aware that designers are building complex visual themes and dramatic actions into the shows now, let me know. Anyone who's read Dante's Inferno, any translation… let me know.

If you're willing to share all of this knowledge on an individual basis, why not just save yourself the trouble and enlighten all of DCP with one awesomely ostentatious post?

• Like 3

Crown's show is the only show I've seen and heard this year that I can listen to over and over and over again. Play, repeat, repeat... the music is incredible. Crown is right in the mix. Percussion is sounding better than ever. Guard is awesome. Brass is, well, just another incredible Crown brass line - ho hum! Keep it going Crown!

Anyone who is interested in the visual representation of the story in this show, please let me know. Anyone who is at least nominally aware that designers are building complex visual themes and dramatic actions into the shows now, let me know. Anyone who's read Dante's Inferno, any translation let me know.

I'm still working out the math from 2013. Who's got time to read?

• Like 1

You might want to abandon all hope of that ever happening. ba-dum-ssssss...

• Like 1