Carolina Crown 2015

I really loved them last night at Bentonville. Much better than OOTW. They were unmistakably the fan favorite. The opening impacts was unbelievable, the sound and power just echoed around the stadium. I felt a bit bummed out when they didn't use the black banner though....felt kind of cheated. But they was still my favorite. The ballad was so powerful, the red veil was incredibly affect. That bit is going to be a devil(worse than a monster) by finals. I liked the ending, but I really hope it's expanded upon, it just felt a bit off. IMO, I thought guard was better than BD's last night and that the brass was equal with them. A very powerful and exciting show that could medal, though I don't know if they could take the title.

Edited by msumello
  • Like 2

I really loved them last night at Bentonville. Much better than OOTW. They were unmistakably the fan favorite. The opening impacts was unbelievable, the sound and power just echoed around the stadium. I felt a bit bummed out when they didn't use the black banner though....kind of cheated. But the it was still my favorite. The ballad was so powerful, the red veil was incredibly affect. That bit is going to be a devil(worse than a monster) by finals. I liked the ending, but I really hope it's expanded upon, it just felt a bit off. IMO, I thought guard was better than BD's last night and that the brass was equal with them. A very powerful and exciting show that could medal, though I don't know if they could take the title.

Wait... They didn't use the Black Banner? Was it windy or something? I'm seeing Crown this Friday and I'd really be bummed if they don't use the banner.

Wait... They didn't use the Black Banner? Was it windy or something? I'm seeing Crown this Friday and I'd really be bummed if they don't use the banner.

You'll be bummed to not see the banner that gives them trouble on an almost nightly basis? I would think as a fan, you would want them to perform the best show possible and not be dodging the banner as I've seen them do on 3 occasions so far. They'd be well advised to ditch that banner permanently.

• Like 1

The weather was perfect. Just hot and humid.

The weather was perfect. Just hot and humid.

Scuttlebutt has it humidity affects the banner as much as the wind. I'm guessing it weighs it down so it doesn't "fly" as well.

You'll be bummed to not see the banner that gives them trouble on an almost nightly basis? I would think as a fan, you would want them to perform the best show possible and not be dodging the banner as I've seen them do on 3 occasions so far. They'd be well advised to ditch that banner permanently.

Do you ever have anything positive to say? At every indoor venue it works perfectly fine

• Like 2

You bring up a good point, Yogitom, though I'm afraid the GE will go down. They are really missing something in their show and I'm afraid taking out this really cool effect their scores will only suffer because of it. We'll see if they do take it out for good, though I hope not. JoshClements403 brings up a good point, there's really no point in taking it out permanently if it is going to work fine in Indy, San Antonio, & Atlanta.

Edited by Thomasman100

Scuttlebutt has it humidity affects the banner as much as the wind. I'm guessing it weighs it down so it doesn't "fly" as well.

Yea I thought the humidity might have something to do with it.......the red veil seemed to drop lower on the corps during the ballad than normal

Edited by msumello