Carolina Crown 2015

That's a really nice example of pedaling mastery, tone quality, pitch accuracy and musicianship......props to this young guy...it would be an absolute gas to play that part!

• Like 4

Wow, I didn't know that at all... This was the last place I'd expect to see that kind of thread!

And not bad, I was 8 when that thread was posted ._. (I'm 16 now)

I think the thread died in 2013 when someone created a drumcorps memes group on fb (which got at least half it's content from the DCP -- I know i saw a lot of my pics lifted and posted there). anyway memes arent an age sensitive things -- you just need some small skill with english and good pic. even easier now that imgur has a little meme app -- dont even need photoshop and hosting is automatic.

Anyway Crown is on day 5 of 7 day stretch with 6 shows!

My apologies; I am an incorrigible editor. But since I'm not part of "the youth", I find my tweaked version of your statement more than your original matches what I had presumed to be your light-hearted intent. Absence of punctuation reads to me like the voice of someone fogged by drugs.

You're good! And I understand lol

Housing: Hightower HS, Missouri City, TX

Crown reps/members, I hope at least one of you reads this, because your show is far and away my favorite so far:

-Thanks for punching me in the face with your mighty musical impacts.

-You got my nephews (who are 4 and 10) excited about marching.

-I hope you win. You certainly possess the talent to do so.

• Like 6

Percussion scoring question here. Crown's percussion score has always seem to be the weak link. However, this year they seemed much stronger and cleaner. They were scoring really high and placing second or third for awhile. Now it seems like it's back to the old ways. 5th and 6th in Houston? Were they being scored incorrectly at the beginning of the season? Has everyone else just gotten that much better than Crown? Is it just "the way things are" (a conspiracy theorist's option)? HA! I'd appreciate any analysis or insight.

Percussion scoring question here. Crown's percussion score has always seem to be the weak link. However, this year they seemed much stronger and cleaner. They were scoring really high and placing second or third for awhile. Now it seems like it's back to the old ways. 5th and 6th in Houston? Were they being scored incorrectly at the beginning of the season? Has everyone else just gotten that much better than Crown? Is it just "the way things are" (a conspiracy theorist's option)? HA! I'd appreciate any analysis or insight.

Coming in 5th in percussion this year would not be a dissappointment. At last night's show, only 7/10's of a point separated 1st though 5th in percussion. Considering you have the Cadets (monsters in percussion); SCV (always players and the Rennick bump); Bluecoats (when was the last time Bloo didn't have a percussioin caption contender); and the Blue Devils; here's 4 groups that could easily trade top percussion on any given night.

More importantly for Crown is the Augnst factor - winners follow him wherever he goes. There is a definite improvement in the line this year. In fact, Crown toped Bluecoats earlier this year in percussion. In short order, this group is coming together after an overhaul from last year. What is exciting as a Crown fan is witnessing the vast improvement from their percussion. Regardless of where they place percussion-wise, this is not the same section that seemed, year-after-year, desitined to be the weak link of the corps.

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

Drumcorpsfever...unless they score better, they are still the weak link of the corps. Crown has peaked at the wrong time and they are losing scoring ground. Kudos to the brass and guard both talent and instruction wise. They could still medal, but the design needs to evolve more.

Any chance of closer changes (new music) tonight? Or saving that for Atl?