Carolina Crown 2015

Awesome job, Crown. Can't wait to hear you practicing at Allentown!

Yes Crown, it was an awesome performance across the board. Congrats on your energy, drive and show development...

Crown is on a seismic roll right now. Something from deep down under, maybe? :devil:

I paid a little more attention to the Crown guard this viewing. Wow, their superiority in all phases never lets up. It's the same effect as one gets standing before a mirror, with a second mirror behind. Endless coordination.

Congratulations to all the Crown members, staff, and volunteers who have made this season possible so far. It's a fantastic achievement to win any major regional and Crown has come a long way since early in the season. This is a fantastic show and it can totally win this year, but the competition is fierce, so keep striving!

I've been out of the loop and not following the corps this year until the last week or so, and the lack of the Fan Network hasn't helped, since I can't massage my schedule around the live streams. But anyway, after some Youtube prep, I saw the show at Murfreesboro accompanied by four adults (one new to drum corps) and four kids (three new to drum corps). All but one person said Crown was their favorite. One kid preferred the Blue Devils show.

I was mainly impressed by the clarity and focus of Crown's show. Sitting relatively low, the drill and formations weren't clear for any of the corps, and the guard work for most corps was often visually muddy and hard to follow, but Crown had a LOT of fantastic guard hits that felt crystal clear to me. Maybe it's the contrast of the uniforms with the field and the equipment. I don't know, but it was incredibly satisfying and felt like a different style of visual design than most of the other corps were pursuing. The props are a major force out there, and from down low they often made the field feel extremely cluttered. So Crown's lack of props was very refreshing.

I don't have time to talk about all the things I liked and the things I think they need to polish before Indy, but I just want to say the two best moments in the show were the release followed by a second or two of silence followed by the snap of the unison rifle catch, and of course the giant banner/flag after the opening statement. I'd seen that on Youtube, but in person that's just an amazingly effective visual effect.

I've been out of the loop and not following the corps this year until the last week or so, and the lack of the Fan Network hasn't helped, since I can't massage my schedule around the live streams. But anyway, after some Youtube prep, I saw the show at Murfreesboro accompanied by four adults (one new to drum corps) and four kids (three new to drum corps). All but one person said Crown was their favorite. One kid preferred the Blue Devils show.

I was mainly impressed by the clarity and focus of Crown's show. Sitting relatively low, the drill and formations weren't clear for any of the corps, and the guard work for most corps was often visually muddy and hard to follow, but Crown had a LOT of fantastic guard hits that felt crystal clear to me. Maybe it's the contrast of the uniforms with the field and the equipment. I don't know, but it was incredibly satisfying and felt like a different style of visual design than most of the other corps were pursuing. The props are a major force out there, and from down low they often made the field feel extremely cluttered. So Crown's lack of props was very refreshing.

I don't have time to talk about all the things I liked and the things I think they need to polish before Indy, but I just want to say the two best moments in the show were the release followed by a second or two of silence followed by the snap of the unison rifle catch, and of course the giant banner/flag after the opening statement. I'd seen that on Youtube, but in person that's just an amazingly effective visual effect.

Crown's guard has impressed me the last few years as well. They have a great team and the members are extremely talented. Good stuff.

I had the live feed last night, the audio was about 5 seconds off from the video. Very annoying, hope they get that fixed for tonight.

Still, great effort by crown, and I think it wasn't their best effort so hopefully tonight will be better.

Did you ever think it might not be "them," it might be you?

The feed was fine all over the country, so the signal was good, fully synchronized coming out of the stadium.

Edited by wvu80

Crown's guard has impressed me the last few years as well. They have a great team and the members are extremely talented. Good stuff.

agreed - outstanding - becoming THE BEST in the activity, even with BD in consideration

they came out of spring training in outstanding shape and have just gotten better each and every week!