Carolina Crown 2015

Thanks a million for that!

Just found out about it recently, myself. Enjoy!

• Like 2

Same.

C'mon, that's at least a little salty...

To me, it's pretty incredible what Crown has down with this show. The growth from the beginning of the season to now is unmistakable, both in design and performance. One of Crown's most impressive seasons in that regard. I'm surprised you don't see it! I know it's close and people are pulling for their respective corps, but (again, to me) they're achieving something pretty remarkable. Of course, all the other corps are as well- it's just that kind of season.

C'mon, that's at least a little salty...

To me, it's pretty incredible what Crown has down with this show. The growth from the beginning of the season to now is unmistakable, both in design and performance. One of Crown's most impressive seasons in that regard. I'm surprised you don't see it! I know it's close and people are pulling for their respective corps, but (again, to me) they're achieving something pretty remarkable. Of course, all the other corps are as well- it's just that kind of season.

?????

I didn't say it wasn't, just agreeing that it's pretty easy to get at face value and I haven't gotten much more from multiple viewings. I see they've layered the show very well, but structurally it's pretty much the same, sans a bunch of little additions/changes and the endings. I like the "Organ Symphony" and the ending, but other than that it's left me flat all season, it's not a sudden end of the season they're up there and my favorite isn't winning thing, I DO NOT stoop to that, if you're accusing me of that kind of petty behavior you're sadly mistaken. Don't go there. I've said that since day one. I can see why they're scoring where they are and why people love it, just not for me this year. Usually love Crown too, was one of their biggest supporters in 2013. I always see certain people talk about shows everyone loves, and it just doesn't click for them. That's me this year, I finally understand those people. I'm not critiquing how they're doing it, not saying that the show actually sucks and doesn't deserve what it's getting. Just not for me this year. For me personally, it's nowhere near my favorite Crown show. Just not for me this time. The last 20 seconds or so is the only part that I feel like I'm watching the Crown I enjoy, last year had major faults, but I see myself going to that show more than this one. I can understand why they are where they are and I've seen the little additions, just not clicking for me this year. Sorry.

Not everyone's going to enjoy every show, just can't get into this one. Again, that's not discounting the show or what they're doing, just not for me.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

?????

I didn't say it wasn't, just agreeing that it's pretty easy to get at face value and I haven't gotten much more from multiple viewings. I see they've layered the show very well, but structurally it's pretty much the same, sans a bunch of little additions/changes and the endings. I like the "Organ Symphony" and the ending, but other than that it's left me flat all season, it's not a sudden end of the season they're up there and my favorite isn't winning thing, I DO NOT stoop to that, if you're accusing me of that kind of petty behavior you're sadly mistaken. Don't go there. I've said that since day one. I can see why they're scoring where they are and why people love it, just not for me this year. Usually love Crown too, was one of their biggest supporters in 2013. I always see certain people talk about shows everyone loves, and it just doesn't click for them. That's me this year, I finally understand those people. I'm not critiquing how they're doing it, not saying that the show actually sucks and doesn't deserve what it's getting. Just not for me this year. For me personally, it's nowhere near my favorite Crown show. Just not for me this time. The last 20 seconds or so is the only part that I feel like I'm watching the Crown I enjoy, last year had major faults, but I see myself going to that show more than this one. I can understand why they are where they are and I've seen the little additions, just not clicking for me this year. Sorry.

Not everyone's going to enjoy every show, just can't get into this one. Again, that's not discounting the show or what they're doing, just not for me.

So, in other words, this show is just not for you this year. Do I have that right?

So, in other words, this show is just not for you this year. Do I have that right?

What I was saying is that a show doesn't have to have multiple layers based off a folk legend only told in a third world country to be enjoyable. This show is about hel. A lot of choreography symbolizes demons...in hel. The horn guy getting dragged is dragged back...into hel. Stuff most anyone can pick up on in one to two viewings. Again, this is not a bad thing. That is just the route they chose this year and it works.

What I was saying is that a show doesn't have to have multiple layers based off a folk legend only told in a third world country to be enjoyable. This show is about hel. A lot of choreography symbolizes demons...in hel. The horn guy getting dragged is dragged back...into hel. Stuff most anyone can pick up on in one to two viewings. Again, this is not a bad thing. That is just the route they chose this year and it works.

Fair! Sorry I missed interpreted

Edit: missed interpreted? Really? Too early. *misinterpreted

Edited by Kevin.
  • Like 1

Just weighing in after 223 pages of posts. This year's Crown show is one of the greats of all time.

There is no need to go into details that so many others have already discussed. I just wanted to add my voice as someone who is pulling for Crown to win the Championship.

• Like 2