Carolina Crown 2015

Massillon!

Then on to Indy. Can't wait to see how this goes once we get back to normal judging sheets. Atlanta and Allentown proved that Crown can win. TOCs are nice but have been annoying as all get out this year.

Go Crown. Bring home the gold!

• Like 1

Well, Crowns Guard is offsetting any perceived percussion weakness. I still think Crown wins.

Sorry, Tobias, I disagree. This would be the case if BD was weaker in guard, but they are not.

Well, Crowns Guard is offsetting any perceived percussion weakness. I still think Crown wins.

Well - I don't think it's "perceived" I think it is actual. I watched those guys up close and personal for several hours on Saturday before the 2nd night for Allentown and they are legitimately dirty. They are better (and the book is better) than the last couple years but their execution is not at the level of the best lines.

That said - they won a title in 2013 with a weaker line and book so it can be done and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they do it again.

True, cf144, but in 2013, percussion was the only weakness. This year visual is a problem as well as percussion.

Crown should be proud, they will likely place second with a fantastic show. But, the percussion again, is the Achilles heel as it was in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.

Well - I don't think it's "perceived" I think it is actual. I watched those guys up close and personal for several hours on Saturday before the 2nd night for Allentown and they are legitimately dirty. They are better (and the book is better) than the last couple years but their execution is not at the level of the best lines.

That said - they won a title in 2013 with a weaker line and book so it can be done and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they do it again.

I understand that but as I mentioned in another thread, the top 4 are very close so "decisions" must be made. If you want to open the gap between Crown and Cadets, you hammer Cadets guard or keep gaps close in percussion. That just opened another 0.5 between Crown and Cadets. You want Crown over BD, you again keep percussion gaps tight and open GE gaps. It's not a conspiracy but it's what happens. Why do gaps of 1.5 points appear in 24 hours? Unless the year of ties happens, you will see caption gaps altered. I do think they will select an amazingly deserving champ on Saturday but this is how I think they make it happen. Edited by Tobias

True, cf144, but in 2013, percussion was the only weakness. This year visual is a problem as well as percussion.

fwiw i hear the VA and VP judges are not complaining about design -- just execution. crown knows how to clean feet and drill. i expect those captions will NOT be a weakness by the end of the week.